Trusted Contributor
It seems that is tsv is a replica of a Lange iron. It also has a fan, and curls or straighten. Anybody else have one? I have the Lange one, is hard to use, so this Calista tool interests me. Just don't want the same iron however.
Esteemed Contributor

@willomenia , I also have the L'ange one.  I agree it looks the same so I'd imagine if you find that one difficult to use you probably will this one, too.  Have you looked at the videos with showing how to use the L'ange tool?

Regular Contributor

To me, it looks the same as the L'ange tool as well.  I just wasn't able to work with that one on my hair - I'm not the greatest when it comes to using hair tools.  I agree - if you're not happy with L'ange, I don't think this one would produce any different results.

Honored Contributor

Re: Calista hair tool

[ Edited ]

I've never had a similar tool.  But I ordered it.  I'll try it.  They said that you can't really burn yourself.  That was my concern.  I have a shortish bob (full bangs) I have naturally straight hair, but the ends (especially on the sides) tends to wave.  When I use the regular Calista, when I pull it out at the ends of my hair, it tends to wave or even flip up.  Professionally I have my stylist use a hair iron.  It smooths my hair.  That's what I needs.  So I hope this will help solve the problem, as I only get my hair done when it needs a cut. 

Super Contributor
I have it. I used it a lot when I first got it, and thought that it gave my hair a different type a beach wave than I can get with a curling iron. The fan itself on mine does not put out that much air and it does not feel demonstrably cooler than room temperature. So, I am not sure how much cooling is going on while I am curling my hair. I have to use fairly small sections of hair to get the right look, so it takes a long time. I also have to use some sort of product that is designed for heat treatment.

I have not used mine much in the past nine months. I now don’t try to curl my hair into beach waves. It takes too much time, and I am not sure if it is still trendy. I do wonder if the fan or something about the flat iron has gotten weaker over time because I don’t get the same type of curl I used to get.
Respected Contributor

I don't use hair tools so it's an easy pass on this TSV as always. Cat Indifferent

Trusted Contributor
Update! I dragged out my Lange again, it is exactly like her tool. I tried it using Calista technique it seemed to work. The only thing is I think doing your whole head would take some time.
Contributor

I've bought a couple over the past few years. I was fooled by the presentation. IMO, they are garbage and way overpriced. Both broke after a year and without a lot of use. Go to a good beauty supply store or look online. There are so many better products out there. Just because she has a relationship with QVC doesn't mean you're getting quality!

Honored Contributor

I'll be curious when the reviews come in.