Respected Contributor
I love them but I used to live in Memphis and loved eating at Corky’s. Ribs, not unlike wings, are just generally a high ratio of bone and fat to meat. It’s the nature of that particular pig part. I don’t think these ribs would be any more than a few slabs from the local bbq place delivered by Door Dash. It’s a restaurant quality meal in my freezer.

That being said, bbq style is pretty specific. Corky’s is classic Memphis style bbq. Memphis style bbq has a sweet tomato based sauce. It’s their thing in the Bluff City.
Regular Contributor

I  have also purchased Lloyd's ribs in the store whenever I am hungry for pork ribs. 

As for these ribs, they are an eh... for me on the price alone, though you do get a bottle of the sauce too. 

Respected Contributor

@PacificNWgal   The TSV ribs are sauced in the package, a separate bottle of sauce isn't included.  

Trusted Contributor

As usual, the hosts on Gourmet Holiday are so over the top about these ribs. I turned the channel.  I have never seen a person almost screaming about food.  Really a turn off.

Trusted Contributor

Re: CORKYS RIBS

[ Edited ]

I can buy baby back ribs for $3.00 lb.  QVC is selling them for either $11.66 per lb. or $16.66 per lb. depending upon which size you select.  Sure, I will have to cook them and add some seasoning or sauce but that's a really high mark-up to pay for convenience.  Besides, ribs are some of the easiest things to make.  

We have two Corky's in town and believe me, they are nothing special.  Local bbq joints are much much better.  

One more thing, QVC is selling 2 bottles of their bbq sauce for $20.00.  This is a total rip-off.  You can buy the exact same thing for $3.00 a bottle at the grocery store.  QVC needs to get real.  Gheez.

Respected Contributor
Corky’s grocery items are regional. I can’t get them in my Midwest city,
Honored Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

I can buy baby back ribs for $3.00 lb.  QVC is selling them for either $11.66 per lb. or $16.66 per lb. depending upon which size you select.  Sure, I will have to cook them and add some seasoning or sauce but that's a really high mark-up to pay for convenience.  Besides, ribs are some of the easiest things to make.  

We have two Corky's in town and believe me, they are nothing special.  Local bbq joints are much much better.  

One more thing, QVC is selling 2 bottles of their bbq sauce for $20.00.  This is a total rip-off.  You can buy the exact same thing for $3.00 a bottle at the grocery store.  QVC needs to get real.  Gheez.

Yes, but for those who don't live in an area where this product is sold?  Even a trip to the grocery store requires some kind of effort and cost.  These include shipping; cheaper than some people in the country having to take a plane, train or car to get to a store that sells them.  Of course, if they're local to where you are, you'd buy them yourself and save money, but that's not a fair comparison.

I bought Corky's ribs years ago and enjoyed them, but my DH doesn't eat them and it was always too much for me.

Respected Contributor

My husband and mother got sick after eating these.  Never again.  

I saw them in Kroger in the frozen department in back of store where they also keep steak-ums and stuff like that.  I thought that was kind of weird.

Valued Contributor

PUBLIX has them. Bought them once. Rather go to local rib place and take out.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

Yes, but for those who don't live in an area where this product is sold?  Even a trip to the grocery store requires some kind of effort and cost.  These include shipping; cheaper than some people in the country having to take a plane, train or car to get to a store that sells them.  Of course, if they're local to where you are, you'd buy them yourself and save money, but that's not a fair comparison.

I bought Corky's ribs years ago and enjoyed them, but my DH doesn't eat them and it was always too much for me.

Baby back ribs are regional???