Trusted Contributor

I find QVC's choice of food items to be mediocre at best.  In this day and age, most of us can get these things locally and if not, then through other online websites.  

Respected Contributor

Re: CORKYS RIBS

[ Edited ]

I will definitely NOT be getting these ribs.  I do not like "baby back" ribs.....I prefer the country style ribs.

I cook my country style ribs the following way.  Place them in my crock pot with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and beef broth.  Cook til done.....put them in a roaster pan and slather honey barbecue sauce on them and pop them in the oven at about 350 for about 30 minutes to get the sauce cooked real good  on them.  Serve with corn on the cob and cole slaw.

It's so good, it'll make a "Bulldog Hug A Hound". 

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie I'd like to also know what was disgusting about her ribs.

I've bought them in the past - but are a 3 *** star for me - I like dry rub ribs and not all that slop dumped on them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CORKYS RIBS

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

I have to chime in here.  First, I do not think the price is horrible.  Remember, you are paying for the convenience of heat and eat.  They are prepared, packaged and shipped, that costs money.  Second, I had them about a year ago and I thought they were very good. Yes, per lb. you can make them cheaper yourself but convenience comes with cost and I accept that.  Each to his own I guess.  I like the individually wrapped portion as I live alone and don't want to prepare my own when cooking for one. As far as no meat, they are ribs and ribs are bones..  Buy country style ribs if you want more meat.

@Catch71 

I agree with you  I bought them many yrs ago and loved them.Especially that sauce.

I stopped eating meat 20 yrs ago and especially can't  eat it now because of the horrors I have seen  those  poor animals are going through now  with the virus!!!

But I really have to say,when I did eat them ,these ribs were delicious!

NJ gal here too.........lol

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@RetRN ..............please describe why they were gross and disgusting.   I have been considering buying these for quite a while.  Thanks

Honestly, there was almost no meat on them. Bones and gristle.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN ............thanks for your reply.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie, I guess you could order them and if you didn't like them call for a refund. I have read on these boards where people do that.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN ..............I am still debating whether to order them or not.  There are good reviews and bad reviews, they seem to be neck and neck.  I have even entertained the idea of going to their restaurant in Tennessee to eat there.  I think that might be a fun short mini vacation for us.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I just bought a slab of Lloyd's (Hormel) ribs at my local grocery store for $5.99.  They are delicious!  On sale for the memorial weekend Smiley Happy

Contributor

I agree ribs are full of bones people. I have ordered these for years and we like them. They come in a bag and you can dictate how much sauce you want to put on top. I just ordered a three pack to send to both sisters in California and a 6 pack for us in North Carolina.In our grocery store you can buy the heat and eat Tony Roma ribs and I must say these are way better. Personally I like having the food ordered as it saves a lot of time. I also strongly recommend the Egg Harbor Salmon its excellent.