Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Bike Saga Comes to an End

[ Edited ]

I seriously doubt that the bike was ordered with the serious intention of wanting to be more fit and no matter the color it would have just ended up as a place to throw clothes over.

I can't imagine what OP wanted especially since she opened and unpacked it knowing full well it was the wrong color.  What was offered was more than generous.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mactective wrote:

I would have liked an apology and aknowledgement that they made an error that was going to cause me additional expense and effort.

@Mactective.  That seems simple enough.  I think it's obvious they made a mistake and, as someone else noted, their offer of $20 was their form of an apology.  The original + return postage + $20 are expenses which will cost them dearly.

I look at incidents like this as an added expense to the customer. Amounts paid out by Qvc because of Q's own fault will be regained by raising their prices. No one wins.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If color truly should not be an issue, then why does the manufacturer offer different colors to begin with?  I think all the OP really wanted was for QVC to send the color that she ordered and paid for.  Mistakes happen, though, and the OP was understandably frustrated.  The color would not have made a difference to me, but it did to her, and she is the one who paid for it and deserves to get what she paid for.  If the seller is unable to handle specific color requests, they should use the disclaimer that discount and closeout sites use: "Color may vary from that shown".

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Perfect example of some zanny things Customer Service has to handle...........on a daily basis.

A color is important if you're buying a car.......but an exercise bike?

Really....................

The OP stated on the other thread that she plans on keeping it in her living room....so yes I can see how black would be a good neutral while blue might clash with the look of the room.

I personally am very picky about the colors for my home decor, cars & clothes.

Respected Contributor

Q sent the wrong color but you're not blameless so accept some responsibility for the bike saga @Mactective.

Honored Contributor

if you read her original post

says the blue pieces were wrapped up and she couldn't tell whether they were blue or black 

and the seller taking offers  so many colors it's on the seller to get the correct color to the buyer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When ordering online  especially from a large business with several warehouses and with many products coming from the vendor some errors can occur and the only option is to return for the correct color or item.  They wouldn't charge return postage either.  That is a risk you take when ordering online.  Sure it is disappointing to get the wrong color  but  the bike works the same in all colors.  I know I just care about the workout and never even notice what color any piece of workout equipment is.

Also if she takes all the pieces to UPS - STORE OR DEPOT they will pack it for a small charge.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered a red air fryer once, they sent me purple. Would have been easy to return...but red...purple...who cares.

I can sort of understand not wanting a black bike. Exercising is boring enough. But what a hassle repacking it 

For things like that, I've started taking pictures before I unpack it and as I go along so I'll have an idea how to get it back in the box if I need to. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

The original shipping was free and they will refund the purchase price and pay return shipping.  So I don't see what else they should really have to do.

I got the blue bike and love it, but if I had wanted another color - so much so that I couldn't bring myself to use it if I got the wrong one - I'd never have put it together in the first place.  It would have been easier to put it back in the box than to spend the time putting it together - knowing that it was going to be so upsetting I'd never enjoy it.

Don't get the drama here.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

It's really just a color of exercise equipment.  Wouldn't it be easier to just keep the blue one?  I don't know what you wanted.  Sounds like you expected someone to come package it back up for you.

---

Glad you said it @rms1954 . I was beginning to think the OP was deranged.