Frequent Contributor

Bethlahem Lights sprigs are made of plastic?

I am aware that they are 'bendable' but does that mean that they are not stiff  (because of the wire on the lights) or do they have wire inside so that they would actually be poseable? Are they just made of flexible plastic? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bethlahem Lights sprigs are made of plastic?

it was a pass for me when i heard the word "glitter!"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@leeleeB   I have these in red and silver bought in 2017, and they are beautiful.  I didn't realize that they can be bent, they are a bit stiff, are not plastic, but mine don't seem to be as bendable as what is shown today, maybe I am just nervous about bending, will try again this year.  They can be left as is without bending.

Contributor

@nana59 Completely agree! Much too much glitter everywhere lately. It ends up everywhere and you can never get rid of it!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the white ones.  I love lights and glitter!

Regular Contributor

Maybe it’s me, but seems like they are pushing these every 15 minutes.  They’ll be a lunchtime special before the holidays.

Frequent Contributor

I bought three of them last year and ended up sending them back under the extened returns policy, terrible battery life, I used good batteries, I tried Energizer, Rayovac, and Duracell, and even Amazon's brand, had them on timer, and after about two to two and a half weeks the lights were dim and muddy looking. I loved the green set when they were brightly lit, but I have too many battery operated items as it is. Maybe that has improved this time around but I'm not in the mood to take a chance. 

Honored Contributor

@brandy77 wrote:

I bought three of them last year and ended up sending them back under the extened returns policy, terrible battery life, I used good batteries, I tried Energizer, Rayovac, and Duracell, and even Amazon's brand, had them on timer, and after about two to two and a half weeks the lights were dim and muddy looking. I loved the green set when they were brightly lit, but I have too many battery operated items as it is. Maybe that has improved this time around but I'm not in the mood to take a chance. 

@brandy77   The battery life on mine was good, still going after months when I took them down.

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

it was a pass for me when i heard the word "glitter!"

Amen @nana59 .  They lost me at "glitter."  The vendors selling CIJ items need to get over the glitter craze.