Occasional Contributor

Re: Belle by Kim Gravel TSV - Monday, September 5, 2022

I don't understand the snap or button at the waist. If they are pull on, what does that do? It looks like it would just add bulk at my belly button.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@NanaFrost wrote:

@Cindy from Wisconsin wrote:

Great, just what I want- rolled up, even shorter jeans.  This looks like a pass for me. At 5' 10" most jeans not offered in talls are too short. I am so over everything being "ankle" length too. I don't want to always look like I am waiting for a flood.

I really dislike the ankle length look, but it has turned out to be a godsend for me.  I'm short, 5'2, but no petite.  Petite and even the quacker "short" are too short for me, but regular used to be too long and I would have to hem.  With the ankle length still hanging around, they fit me perfectly, touching the top of my shoe just the way I like them.

@NanaFrost - I can relate! I'm 5'3-1/2" but I'm long legged. A lot of QVC designers use a 31" regular inseam, and 27-28" petite inseam. I'm right in between. I'm thrilled when I see 30"! 

If I really, really like a pant (mostly dressy) I will take it to get it shortened. But more often than not I will pass!    Smiley Happy

Same here.  I am barely 5'4" but must have long legs because a 28" inseam only works with sandals.  I prefer a 30" inseam.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Stretchy jeans scooch down on me giving me a low-hanging crotch unless I wear a belt with them.  

For those of you who happened to watch Diane Gilman on HSN with her stretchy jean TSV the day before, I have a question.  Diane kept claiming, I think, that she had the only KNIT woven denim.  But, isn't that exactly what Kim is claiming her jeans are?  

@Icegoddess , I was watching when the TSV for DG2 was presented and had to laugh to myself.

Many years ago when Coldwater Creek had a physical store, I purchased a pair of the knit woven jean.  Back then, I found I needed to purchase a size down because of the amount of stretch.  And as the day goes on, they become even more stretchier if that makes sense.  Rarely, do I wear them.

Frequent Contributor

Thats exactly what happens to me with her jeans. Initially I bought a 16 and then it was falling off. I exchanged with 14. Even then it stretches and I need to keep pulling it up. If this had belt loops I would have considered. 

Honored Contributor

@Benzmom ...................Kim said she put the faux front on them so that ladies that wanted to do the half tuck or tuck their shirt in it would look better.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Benzmom wrote:

I don't understand the snap or button at the waist. If they are pull on, what does that do? It looks like it would just add bulk at my belly button.

@Benzmom   A lot of women half-tuck their top into their jeans (like the model in the TSV webpage photo), and still want the look of regular jeans.  Or, they wear sweaters & tops that stop right at the waist. 

Esteemed Contributor

Unlike several of you, I have not had a problem with Kim's jeans growing as the day goes on.  But, I certainly have had that issue with other brands of jeans.  Not a good feeling or look.  I ordered the black in my regular size (8 petite).  Hope they work out for me and any who order.  

Respected Contributor

I don't like the button.  I never tuck in shirts anymore with my older belly!  This could have lowered the price of these(no button) and made them a true pull-on with a smooth waistband.

Frequent Contributor

I have 3 pairs of Belle jeans/crops that have holes developing around the back pocket rivet.  One pair has a vertical slit working its way open next to the back pocket.  Has anyone had this issue with her pants?  I love them but they are too expensive for this to happen to 3 of the pairs.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I don't like the button.  I never tuck in shirts anymore with my older belly!  This could have lowered the price of these(no button) and made them a true pull-on with a smooth waistband.

One of the reasons I love Kim's Hollywood waist pull on jeans. Fit like a dream and give a smooth front appearance 

Harmonize the World