Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,914
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020

Most people on these boards complain about products not being made in America. I see it here all the time.

Then, they complain about prices here going up. Well if the products are to be made in America, like everyone wants, the prices will go up even more. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,379
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020

Did anyone here ever watch the reality show from the Beekman farm?

 

I used to watch it.  I don’t remember much about it except it was light and fun.

 

Go to YouTube and put in Beekman boys and have some fun watching them.

 

Also, for those familiar with the TV show “Amazing Race”....they won.  How about that?

 

 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,345
Registered: ‎10-04-2010

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020

@Annabellethecat. Thank you. But full disclosure they had a rep with them last night (former host from ShopHQ)who actually mentioned it and my ears perked up because these bars are too big for my small hands and because they are triple mulled they are difficult to cut with any knife
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,345
Registered: ‎10-04-2010

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020

@Reever. If someone is selling a good product and as a result is making a good living from it, more power to them. I have no problem with entrepreneurship. It apparently you do.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,522
Registered: ‎09-04-2010

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020


@Annabellethecat wrote:

Did anyone here ever watch the reality show from the Beekman farm?

 

I used to watch it.  I don’t remember much about it except it was light and fun.

 

Go to YouTube and put in Beekman boys and have some fun watching them.

 

Also, for those familiar with the TV show “Amazing Race”....they won.  How about that?

 

I don't even remember them on AR, totally forgot they won. They used the winnings to pay off their mortgage on the farm they bought. Good for them...


 

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 330
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020

My favorte soaps are from Shea Organics when they are in my budget. They are ethically sourced. But I recently saw a You Tube video from "Frugal Minimalist"on how she uses Zote soap for multiple purposes for pennies. I thought it was a great frugal option and she had nice skin. There are many options of soap.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,500
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020


@Avey wrote:

My favorte soaps are from Shea Organics when they are in my budget. They are ethically sourced. But I recently saw a You Tube video from "Frugal Minimalist"on how she uses Zote soap for multiple purposes for pennies. I thought it was a great frugal option and she had nice skin. There are many options of soap.


Zote is for laundry, i thought.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,048
Registered: ‎06-16-2010

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020

 Hi, asking a  question  here. Palm oil has been in the news lately  with regards to  the rainforest etc.. I see this soap has Sodium Palmate-  which is sodium salt of fatty acids of palm oil. Many feel soaps should not be made with any part of palm oil anymore.   I am sure there others on this board that can help me..Is this considered a clean beauty product on the Q ?  Could this company use a different oil?? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,500
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020


@Annabellethecat wrote:

I just want to add (as far as complaining about price).

 

In this country we’ve gotten used to buying (and just accepting) cheap products almost all “made in China”.

 

Maybe On reason their products’cost a little more’ is because they don’t have a lot of chemicals in them....but more likely because they are made in America.  

 

I love seeing those words, “Made in America”.  We don’t see that pretty much at all anymore!

 

Maybe that doesn’t bother some because they’re getting it cheaper; but it does bother me.

 

Start reading labels.  Nothing is made here anymore.  Just for that reason, I’ll buy the soaps.

 

It’s a  little like they say about shopping local...

 

Anyway, if we want good products that are made in America, sometimes we are going to have to pay a little more for them....after all...this is America and if you don’t want to...you don’t have to buy them.


You,and i are old enough to remember ,when things were made in USA, they lasted,not throw away like stuff is now .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 936
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020

I'll gladly pay more for products made in America. It amazes me that people complain about things not made here but then complain about things made here are too expensive. Go figure!  If you want to buy cheap stuff made in China, go for it. I'll stick with Beekmans.


@goldensrbest wrote:

@Annabellethecat wrote:

I just want to add (as far as complaining about price).

 

In this country we’ve gotten used to buying (and just accepting) cheap products almost all “made in China”.

 

Maybe On reason their products’cost a little more’ is because they don’t have a lot of chemicals in them....but more likely because they are made in America.  

 

I love seeing those words, “Made in America”.  We don’t see that pretty much at all anymore!

 

Maybe that doesn’t bother some because they’re getting it cheaper; but it does bother me.

 

Start reading labels.  Nothing is made here anymore.  Just for that reason, I’ll buy the soaps.

 

It’s a  little like they say about shopping local...

 

Anyway, if we want good products that are made in America, sometimes we are going to have to pay a little more for them....after all...this is America and if you don’t want to...you don’t have to buy them.


You,and i are old enough to remember ,when things were made in USA, they lasted,not throw away like stuff is now .