Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman TSV February 15th 2020

@LilLadyNJ wrote:

@Angie168 wrote:

Can someone tell me why this brand of soap is so expensive?  At the TSV price, it comes up to $8 for a bar of soap.  Is it worth it?

I've been using it for a few months and I like it. As to whether it's worth it, it's relative. Compared to supermarket brands, probably not. These are triple-milled soaps and I find that the price is comparable for triple-milled soaps. I've only tried two of the scents and didn't have any issues. 

I think the bars sell for 15.00 each or maybe its a little less but I have one bar that will last forever and as I like it I find the bigger bars too big to hold in the shower. I would probably like the smaller size more.

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@LilLadyNJ wrote:

@Angie168 wrote:

Can someone tell me why this brand of soap is so expensive?  At the TSV price, it comes up to $8 for a bar of soap.  Is it worth it?

I've been using it for a few months and I like it. As to whether it's worth it, it's relative. Compared to supermarket brands, probably not. These are triple-milled soaps and I find that the price is comparable for triple-milled soaps. I've only tried two of the scents and didn't have any issues. 

I think the bars sell for 15.00 each or maybe its a little less but I have one bar that will last forever and as I like it I find the bigger bars too big to hold in the shower. I would probably like the smaller size more.

These two "neighbors" are laughing all the way to the bank. They wont get a dime of my money for their overpriced goods.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@LilLadyNJ wrote:

@Angie168 wrote:

These two "neighbors" are laughing all the way to the bank. They wont get a dime of my money for their overpriced goods.

I will say I've had really bad eczema on my hands most of my life. I have tried everything from script to over the counter. I buy the whipped body cream and it has worked wonders, It doesn't cure it but my hands don't crack and bleed anymore and it really helps with the itching that drives me crazy so for that reason alone I love the stuff!

I also love the odor and fabric freshners that really work. 

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybody. You can cut the bars in half. Place the bar in the microwave for 5 seconds which makes it soft so you can cut them in half. It will harden back up. Also you can use a cheese grater and grate the soap and add some water and make it into liquid soap
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

try their hand salve product.  My spouse has terribly dry cracked hands (and feet) he's been usng these products for 6 months...baby soft hands &no cracking .

and the "walking on clouds" foot polish is incredible!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I absolutely love the Beekman soap bars, especially their large 9 oz. size.  They last forever. 

The lather is amazing.  They moisturize my skin, but wash away perfectly clean.  That's a huge pet peeve of mine -- moisturizing soaps that leave a silky smooth film on your skin, but you get dirty towels when you dry off!  I hate that.  These do not stay on top of my skin; they improve the feel and look of my skin, and they clean!  

Their other products are probably nice, but I use & prefer other body and hand creams, and different lip products.  I'm also not getting into their skincare items.

But the TSV is already purchased!

Esteemed Contributor

I love the Beekman large soaps and body cream.  Usually get the unscented, but this variety will be nice.  They last forever, and you really don't need moisturizer after using.

Respected Contributor

There products are nice, but spending $60+ on soap is no deal to me! You gonna have to do better than that- 

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat  I love people like you.  I love the way you take time to explain to others various ways to make the large bars more pliable for them and others.

Take care and have a good week ahead.

Honored Contributor

I just want to add (as far as complaining about price).

In this country we’ve gotten used to buying (and just accepting) cheap products almost all “made in China”.

Maybe On reason their products’cost a little more’ is because they don’t have a lot of chemicals in them....but more likely because they are made in America.  

I love seeing those words, “Made in America”.  We don’t see that pretty much at all anymore!

Maybe that doesn’t bother some because they’re getting it cheaper; but it does bother me.

Start reading labels.  Nothing is made here anymore.  Just for that reason, I’ll buy the soaps.

It’s a  little like they say about shopping local...

Anyway, if we want good products that are made in America, sometimes we are going to have to pay a little more for them....after all...this is America and if you don’t want to...you don’t have to buy them.