Respected Contributor

Tap the App.  Every shipping charge is there for every item prior to putting in cart.

I make almost all of my QVC purchases this way.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@RespectLife 

I am not at all limited in my shopping.  Every site I shop will offer free shipping at some point.  I take advantage of free shipping offers at every site I shop!

@4kitties 

I just went to Shapermint site as suggested by another thread.

Looks to me like NO free shipping unless you pay for a membership....and it starts at $6.95 up to $11.95 for shipping fees.

It also does NOT give you the shipping fee on the item page and not when it goes in your cart.  You have to go to checkout.

I found the shipping fees in the Q&A

Frustrating that the majority of sites do this!  I backed outta the sale.

I feel QVC has really stepped up w/ the Free shipping days...a lot more than they used to...that's for sure!

Super Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@Sooner I have to disagree with your comment regarding the treatment by QVC to their customers.

Just because the S&H is not included is not a mistreatment by any stretch. In addition, I have been with QVC since 1986 and have always been treated very well. ANY and all problems I had, which are very few in all the years, were resolved quickly and no questions asked. Their return policy is outstanding. You have 30 days, used or not, to return. 

I really don't get the outrage over this since nobody is forced to purchase before knowing the shipping rate. Yes, there may be a slight inconvenience because you have to do one extra click (add to cart) to get the shipping but all in all, it really is not an issue in my opinion.

Maybe you "don't get the outrage" because you're someone QVC has show preferrential treatment to over the years.   Perhaps, if you could see things through the lens of someone who's been waiting about a month for QVC Social to reply to a couple of emails you'd be more understanding.  Perhaps, if you knew what it was like for QVC customer service to say, "I'll forward this to the appropriate department," and never get back to you, you'd understand.

Super Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Tap the App.  Every shipping charge is there for every item prior to putting in cart.

That's a good suggestion, but some QVC customers live in areas that don't have internet or cell phone service.

Honored Contributor

LOL!!! I don't order from sites if the shipping charges are not easy to find. If I have to hunt them down or put something in the cart to see what it is I will go order some place else. 

Some sites you have to go through the whole ordering process with your name, address etc just to get to the shipping charges. I'm not doing that. 

Honored Contributor

@cjm61 I don't think they treat regular and long-term customers well because there ar no perks or rewards whatsoever, and their sales are often a joke.

I also think it is a rip off when you have to pay separate shipping for every item and they bundle some purchases but don't reduce shipping.  

However, that being said, I have no soft spot for QVC and am not invested in what they do.  I just find it puzzling. 

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife   On the advice of another poster I went to the Shapermint website, put an item in my cart and was ready to purchase when I saw the s/h was $6.95 for a bra that doesn't weigh more than a couple of ounces.  Needless to say, I didn't go through with my purchase.

S/H is a profit maker for all vendors which is why I rarely buy anything from anywhere unless it is free or free after a certain reasonable amount.

Trusted Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes Thanks for pointing this out; somehow I missed this.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know if anyone has sent a package UPS or even USPS lately, but I send things to family members in California all the time from NY.  It just cost me $17.00 to send my niece a birthday gift that weighed 2lbs and was in a smallish size box--no insurance or any express UPS options.  USPS would have been $12.45 but will take 3 additional days to get there.  

The hilarious part is that one of the two things in the box was a JAI silver bracelet I bought here that was $5.50 to ship to me. The other item was a t shirt.  I obviously should have shipped the bracelet to her directly but I wanted to include the t shirt and a card.  

Just in case anyone thinks shipping is inexpensive these days.  

Trusted Contributor

@1tuffcookie wrote:

That's a good suggestion, but some QVC customers live in areas that don't have internet or cell phone service.

Which then wouldn't matter because they must be watching TV and calling in so they see the S&H on the screen.