Honored Contributor

Re: 10/19 TSV - Duraflame Heater info posted...

@Reever wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

I was looiking at it too. Its only 21.5 inches tall. Thats not even 2 feet. I saw much taller ones at my local hardware store for around that price. So that is too much money for such a small heater. (we have 2 of the orginal non mantel ones and we like them but I wanted a "tall" one that looks like a mantel) Wont be purchasing this one due to height.

Yet another "fail" from QVC. What are the buyers thinking?  This is looking to be the worst Holiday season yet at the Q.  Feel bad for the people who are left there as I fear job cuts are coming. 

I have a feeling the buyer's are Millennials and they don't even buy stuff at the Q or much of anything.

Honored Contributor

I prefer the heating element to be high, mainly because I don't like the idea of dogs, cats, or children sitting (or lying/laying down directly in front of a low-placed heating element.

I just don't think it's a good idea, heat-wise and skin-wise.

'Anyway', this TSV is a nice option, imo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

it’s Ugly. Badly designed all around. The height is silly for the design. The touted “mantel” is at — what? — knee height? It is awkward looking. Worse, that heating element lights up near the top and distracts from the supposedly realistic “fire.”  

Esteemed Contributor

I have 3 of these heaters. More expensive to run than my forced air so I only use the flame feature. Waste of money for me.