Valued Contributor

Anyone buying the Dooney & Bourke TSV?

I'm on the fence.  It's kind of expensive, and I'm not crazy about the color choices.  Also, I'm not familiar with the Beacon leather.  Does anyone have a Beacon leather Dooney?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone buying the Dooney & Bourke TSV?

I have a bag in that beacon leather, and 'I just don't care for it.  Florentine is much better and so is pebble leather.  I just purchased a very gorgeous Dooney pebble leather front pocket square satchel on sale at hsn in midnight blue.  Much better looking.  

Valued Contributor

Do you have an item number?

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I have a bag in that beacon leather, and 'I just don't care for it.  Florentine is much better and so is pebble leather.  I just purchased a very gorgeous Dooney pebble leather front pocket square satchel on sale at hsn in midnight blue.  Much better looking.  

649-447 is the item number and there's 2 left right now in the midnight blue

Honored Contributor

Not even tempted for more than one reason.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the info @Blingqueen023  -- very helpful!!

Honored Contributor

No, I'm done with D&B, I just got a beautiful back pack from FRYE on sale and if I buy bags it's going to be from FRYE from now on. The leather is fabulous.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve ordered two different Beacons from Dooney’s own site and returned both.

The leather is very heavy and unyielding. My stuff barely fit and when it comes to winter coat season the strap drop is not long enough.

This TSV looks cheap somehow. It doesn’t look like the same leather as the Beacons on Dooney’s site...TSV is very shiny like the Selleria which I also don't care for.  I don’t like how the straps are exposed on the bottom instead of rolled or the raised cornerstone the bottom. 

Respected Contributor

No. What a disappointing tsv. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.... i was looking forward to it until I saw it. Now, I won’t even be watching Fri. night. Nothing “special” about it. I mentioned in a cpl of comments in Dooney threads under “handbags” that I hv bought a cpl of Dooneys this week—better ones from the Dooney site. One Alto and one Florentine. I was up for buying and was waiting for the tsv—TIL I saw it. 

Respected Contributor

My last few handbag purchases have been from the Radley London line.  One big positive feature of that line is FREE SHIPPING.  Dooney's shipping can be ridiculouly high.