Honored Contributor

Table Linens...it's a start.

I'm glad to see Tara starting a line of table linens.  The ones presented tonight, harvest, are not to my taste, but it's a start. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Table Linens...it's a start.

If you have one of the 3 Dillards in Cali near you, they have beautiful, quality table linens.  I've gotten quite a few cloth placemats at the Dillards outlet as well.

My long table cloths are from Linen Source.

Honored Contributor

At least Tara's linens won't  crack and fall all over the floor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

If you have one of the 3 Dillards in Cali near you, they have beautiful, quality table linens.  I've gotten quite a few cloth placemats at the Dillards outlet as well.

I wish I could say that I have trouble finding them - it's one of my weaknesses and I have lots of sources. My favorite is Ebay, because I favor vintage table linens, but I'm always open to new ideas and the newer fabrics are much more realistic for everyday use.

I have to say that I was suprised by the cliché design Tara chose for her first offerings... and a pocket for the napkin?  Yikes.... 

I hope future designs are more sophisticated and that more of the vendors would add them to their lines.... like Lenox, for example.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I wish I could say that I have trouble finding them - it's one of my weaknesses and I have lots of sources. My favorite is Ebay, because I favor vintage table linens, but I'm always open to new ideas and the newer fabrics are much more realistic for everyday use.

I have to say that I was suprised by the cliché design Tara chose for her first offerings... and a pocket for the napkin?  Yikes.... 

I hope future designs are more sophisticated and that more of the vendors would add them to their lines.... like Lenox, for example.

@house_cat It would be nice to see some sophisticated designs come forward, but minneals don't serve the types of dinners we do often, if ever.  They order in a lot and do more informal buffet service.  Fine china sales have fallen sharply, many don't even use a placemat, much less fabric placemats.

Companies that deliver meals are on the rise, although, quite a few are still healthy eaters.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

True, but thankfully my DIL enjoys the fussy stuff and always admires my linen stash.  She'll be the recipient of it all when I "no longer need it".

~ house cat ~