Esteemed Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....4/27/16...."news," spoilers, gossip

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

Although this episode was a little...."meh" for me, I really enjoyed the fact that Sonja was missing and Ramona appeared to act normal for a change.    In fact, I didn't even realize Sonja wasn't on the episode until I saw the previews for next week.  

Bethenney's home is beautiful although I didn't understand the huge rubber duckie in her front yard.  Jules & Michael's  (is that his name) home was nice and will be beautiful when it is finished but there's no way I would have construction going on for 7 years (if Jules even knows what she's talking about).  What was with the food at the brunch.? There was tons of food for 8 or so people and it appeared to be all breads & bagels (& something that was unrecognizable to me....LOL).  Wasn't there any fruit or egg casserole, meats, etc.  I know they are Jewish but there are non-Jewish people there.  I'm not really a bread person so I notice these things....LOL!!  I would have starved and skipped out with Bethenney & Carol to go eat lunch somewhere (which was rude in how they handled it and behaved, BTW)!!

There probably was but they were basically coming over for a shmear and booze so most likely there was loxs and fruit, maybe and other smoked fish etc. We do eat meats and fish. 

I did hear Jules say somethng about a schmear but I assummed it was just her saying something (else) that didn't make sense.  I just googled it and understand it now.  I heard brunch being thrown around a lot so I was expecting other things as well.  Thanks for the clarification (although I'm still not a bread/bagel person Woman Wink ).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Jules gets on my last nerve...she is such a bad parent. Bribe the kids with sour patch kids.

I just envision bad things happeneing in that house with a pool in the living room and unruly children hopped up on sugar. The pit is there now and the kids run rampant.

Her mikvah punch bowl act for being in the same room with shrimp was disgusting as I saw someone take ice out that bowl for their drink.

I know all about being kosher with relatives and if one is that strict they need to stay home. It wasn't going to touch her lips for pete's sake. 

I am so over Luman and her condescending ways...do as I say not as I do attitude sleeping with everything that walks by. She's just jealous Adam didn't want her. Ugh...her pretentious persona is so annoying. When Sonja asked Luman about her extra teeth skills that just showed what trash they are.

Bethenney has always been in overdrive...it's nothing new. I like her quick wit.

Respected Contributor

Bethenney in a way was right about all that construction on the house & if they sell will they ever get the money out of it. Who wants an indoor pool (clorine smell in the house) plus scary with young kids around. Living in Az. everyday on the local news is a drowning of small children  they get out & fall into the outside pool. John must be the new housewife because he is on more than Sonja now. Remember Brooks on OC? I think John is the Brooks of NY.

Respected Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Bethenney in a way was right about all that construction on the house & if they sell will they ever get the money out of it. Who wants an indoor pool (clorine smell in the house) plus scary with young kids around. Living in Az. everyday on the local news is a drowning of small children  they get out & fall into the outside pool. John must be the new housewife because he is on more than Sonja now. Remember Brooks on OC? I think John is the Brooks of NY.

I don't think an indoor pool is that great. Outdoor no problem I grew up with one as did my DD going to her grandparents house. 

But Jules kids do not seem to get any direction so they will have to be watching them nonstop.

Trusted Contributor

@Melania wrote:

Jules gets on my last nerve...she is such a bad parent. Bribe the kids with sour patch kids.

I just envision bad things happeneing in that house with a pool in the living room and unruly children hopped up on sugar. The pit is there now and the kids run rampant.

Her mikvah punch bowl act for being in the same room with shrimp was disgusting as I saw someone take ice out that bowl for their drink.

I know all about being kosher with relatives and if one is that strict they need to stay home. It wasn't going to touch her lips for pete's sake. 

I am so over Luman and her condescending ways...do as I say not as I do attitude sleeping with everything that walks by. She's just jealous Adam didn't want her. Ugh...her pretentious persona is so annoying. When Sonja asked Luman about her extra teeth skills that just showed what trash they are.

Bethenney has always been in overdrive...it's nothing new. I like her quick wit.

Don't forget about how Jules feeds her kids Hawaiian Punch, which she used in place of wine for their Shabbat. Bethenney made a good point when she pointed out that pushing food on others while not eating anything yourself is indicative of an eating disorder.  Unfortunately, Jules is exercising this practice with her children as well as her friends.  The least she could do is feed them natural juices and snacks.  It's not like they can't afford it.  I'm all for kids getting to be kids and having sweets every once and a while, but I'll I've seen these kids eat so far is junk.

I thought the same thing, too, about the chlorination of the pool and ventilation of the room it's in.  The whole house will end up smelling like a YMCA.  To host a brunch with the house in that state is tacky and even rude to the guests.  Construction sites are not places for adults to be dining or children to be running amok hopped up on sugar.  

Lumann is a narcissist.  She refuses to admit any wrongdoing, and wants to move on without any remorse for her actions.  I'm glad Carole is holding her accountable, and I'm pretty sure we're about to see Bethenney call Lumann out for being the tramp that she really is in next week's episode.  

The less Sonja, the better as far as I'm concerned.  Whenever she shows up, it's like watching a scene from one of those episodes of "Intervention" on A&E.  

Respected Contributor

I wish I could remember this, but didn't Bethenny invite Dorinda to her party, so she knew John would be coming too?

Bethenny used to be my favorite HW, but she's changed....and is now just blunt to be rude.

I was actually shocked by how immature she acted by ignoring John.

Also, it was mean the way B dissed Jules's new place, & she set the stage as she & Carole were driving there - commenting that you can get more bang for your buck when you're that far out in the boonies. (paraphrasing)

Sure, it's ostentatious, but jeez, be polite!

B AND Carole acted like nasty, giggling teenagers the way they rushed out of that place. Grow up!

Luanne looked pathetic when she said "you can't just keep ignoring me, Carole.", & then turned to some other party goer to make a comment. In that moment, it was all false bravado, and it showed.

Speaking of Luanne.....in an article posted by @Annabellethecat66 regarding what various NY HWs were worth, it said Luanne was worth 2 million. Is that all??? Especially if it's combined assets. That's nothing! Maybe she's envious of Carole who has the highest net worth of any of them?

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

last night on wwhl, andy questioned ryan serhant (mdl-ny) about the area that jules and her husband are in. he said it is a very nice up and coming location in the hamptons area. he had positive things to say about it. i cannot quite remember what that area is called though.

bethenny has all of a sudden become a housing and real estate expert also in the few years she has actually had  money.......all of this out of the mouth of a "homeless person." cannot say heather was wrong last year in calling her a "know it all."

my GUESS is is that once that pool is complete that maybe there will be a glass wall or doors there to keep the kids and animals out when not in use. their house was HUGE! a 7 year renovation is not for me, but i guess if you are building your dream second home then it is plausible. not everyone builds and thinks about selling. i know people that have bought homes (first and vacation homes) and have kept them now for 35+ years.

as for jules not eating, i am that way when i have guests. i put out a lot of food and munchies and rarely eat when i am the hostess. i am more concerned that everyone else is getting what they need or want. i tend to eat when everyone is gone and i am cleaning up.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think Jules' house looks like it will be beautiful when it's done.  It's hard to tell now but what is done I think is beautiful.  I didn't realize the pool was going to be in the middle of the living room.  That is odd.  I have friends who have an indoor pool but it's in its own separate room. 

Bethenny may be right about the house and selling later but it's not her business.  She doesn't need to stick her nose into everything and give everyone her unsolicited advice or opinion. 

I always thought Ramona's Hamptons' house was stunning.    

Trusted Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

I wish I could remember this, but didn't Bethenny invite Dorinda to her party, so she knew John would be coming too?

Bethenny used to be my favorite HW, but she's changed....and is now just blunt to be rude.

I was actually shocked by how immature she acted by ignoring John.

Also, it was mean the way B dissed Jules's new place, & she set the stage as she & Carole were driving there - commenting that you can get more bang for your buck when you're that far out in the boonies. (paraphrasing)

Sure, it's ostentatious, but jeez, be polite!

B AND Carole acted like nasty, giggling teenagers the way they rushed out of that place. Grow up!

Luanne looked pathetic when she said "you can't just keep ignoring me, Carole.", & then turned to some other party goer to make a comment. In that moment, it was all false bravado, and it showed.

Speaking of Luanne.....in an article posted by @Annabellethecat66 regarding what various NY HWs were worth, it said Luanne was worth 2 million. Is that all??? Especially if it's combined assets. That's nothing! Maybe she's envious of Carole who has the highest net worth of any of them?

So, how SHOULD she have treated the guy who, when last time she saw him, showed up (coked up) to a bra party, yelled at her and insulted her business?  John doesn't deserve any respect.  Bethenney invited them before that incident ocurred, and Dorinda should have had the good sense to leave John home.  As far as I'm concerned, Bethenney was too kind to John, as she had every right to ask him to leave the minute he showed up.  

I don't think Bethenney or Carole were directly rude to Jules or her family.  It was a bizarre situation.  They show up to a construction zone, are served bagels, and are surrounded by people they don't like (LuAnn and John).  Of course they were laughing and high-tailing it out of there. The whole scene was a joke.  

Honored Contributor

one more thing.......if bethenny had a problem with dorinda, john, or dorinda AND john they she should have dis-invited one or the both of them. who wants to go to a party and cry or wish people werent there? it was ridiculous......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein