Respected Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....4/19/17..."news," spoilers, gossip

I don't think Dorinda was swearing at Candace Bushnell, but rather she was rehashing her interaction with Sonja to Candace (even though Candace was there when it happened).  Dorinda "re-enacted" her and Sonja's exhange by saying something to Candace like, "Here's the thing, Candace.  Do what you've got to do, but don't come extending your hand to me, and asking me how I'm doing."  And then Dorinda said, "I'll tell you how I'm doing -- not well, bi**h," but I think Dorinda was saying it as if she were directing it towards Sonja.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

I don't think Dorinda was swearing at Candace Bushnell, but rather she was rehashing her interaction with Sonja to Candace (even though Candace was there when it happened).  Dorinda "re-enacted" her and Sonja's exhange by saying something to Candace like, "Here's the thing, Candace.  Do what you've got to do, but don't come extending your hand to me, and asking me how I'm doing."  And then Dorinda said, "I'll tell you how I'm doing -- not well, bi**h," but I think Dorinda was saying it as if she were directing it towards Sonja.  

I thought she was extremely rude to Candace.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

BTW, I've never been to what someone referred to as "G-d forbid Philly," but I've always wanted to visit, and hope to some day! 

There is nothing "G-d forbid" about Philadelphia, its people, or its dialects. I was raised there but no longer live there. It was the most interesting and friendly place I have lived. I 'm sure you would love the history, food, and sightseeing it has to offer. 

I like hearing regional dialects ....that's what makes the world go round.

@DREAMON  In case I need to clarify, it was another poster who referred to Philadelphia as "G-d forbid," but hopefully you already know that.  Smiley Happy  I have no doubt I will enjoy the city when I'm able to visit (one day soon, I hope!).  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

Possibly, you never know with film editing, but I seem to remember she'd already leveled Sonja when the interaction with Candace theoretically took place. Maybe not.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

Possibly, you never know with film editing, but I seem to remember she'd already leveled Sonja when the interaction with Candace theoretically took place. Maybe not.

Right -- I did mention Candace was there when it happened, but I think Dorinda was just still "venting" afterwards to Candace, and "re-enacting" it as if she were directing it towards Sonja.  I think that was why they showed Candace awkwardly smiling afterwards.  I've had people "re-enact" conversations to me in a similar way (but definitely without the drama Dorinda was giving!).  I do like Dorinda, but I would have been completely embarrassed for her, regarding her outburst at the dinner table.  It's one thing to behave that way with just their group, but how uncomfortable for Ramona's other friends at the table!  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

BTW, I've never been to what someone referred to as "G-d forbid Philly," but I've always wanted to visit, and hope to some day! 

There is nothing "G-d forbid" about Philadelphia, its people, or its dialects. I was raised there but no longer live there. It was the most interesting and friendly place I have lived. I 'm sure you would love the history, food, and sightseeing it has to offer. 

I like hearing regional dialects ....that's what makes the world go round.

@DREAMON  In case I need to clarify, it was another poster who referred to Philadelphia as "G-d forbid," but hopefully you already know that.  Smiley Happy  I have no doubt I will enjoy the city when I'm able to visit (one day soon, I hope!).  

Yes I know ....I was hoping you wouldn't think I thought you said it. Writing doesn't always come across the same as talking. Woman Happy