Honored Contributor

What an amazing woman and transformation!!!!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Esteemed Contributor

I fell asleep and missed the very end...I'll have to catch thr rerun.....

What I did see was amazing........

I think she was in love with her 'friend' that died after his surgery....

Esteemed Contributor

She had such a great attitude and she really was a pretty woman.  I hope she achieves all she wants.

Honored Contributor

I had to re-watch a small clip to see her story again.

Nikki is the costume designer...and she was actively working

at her heaviest weight, but it was becoming more & more

difficult to do her job.

It said she had her family's support.  I believe she was

living with her parents...and if I remember, her entire family

was not obese or overweight.  Is this correct?  

If so, this could've been a part of her success. 

She was v.e.r.y. upbeat the entire time.  

Lovely woman. So happy for her success. 

Contributor

I came across this show last night and was drawn in by this lovely girl's spirit and determination to be healthy and live a better life. I was actually cheering for her to get the go ahead to have the skin removal surgery from her doctor! I wish her the best. Her positive outlook will keep her goingSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I missed Nikki. I saw it was on and couldn't watch but meant to record it. Just checked and not there. They'll show it again over the weekend, It's a good show when the person is ready and successful. Some people just want the by-pass and have not intention of doing anything else.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I missed Nikki. I saw it was on and couldn't watch but meant to record it. Just checked and not there. They'll show it again over the weekend, It's a good show when the person is ready and successful. Some people just want the by-pass and have not intention of doing anything else.

It's so nice to see one of these people lose so much weight.  But they say the biggest challenge is keeping the weight off.  They mentioned on the 600 lb. show that less than 5 percent are actually able to do it but I don't see why they couldn't continue to keep at least some of it off even if they increase their portions somewhat;...;' so much courage and determination, wishing them all well!

Respected Contributor

I remembered Nikki's initial show. She seemed to come from one of the show's 'better' families. Their home was really nice, & Nikki had an artsy job. I don't mean that as a slur to the rest of them.

What's always surprised me with ALL the participants is how they unabashedly show their bodies....even while they're losing the weight & the doctor says 'show me your stomach', & they do it right away, & on camera!

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

What a refreshing show with Nikki; not the normal "have an excuse for why he/she didn't lose weight" statement.

She took full responsibility for the times her weight loss was a few pounds and it was a nice change, which is rare on that show.

She is a beautiful girl, inside and out.  I have no doubt she probably met her goal and will keep it off with all that she went through.  Hopefully, she and the guy she was dating are still together.

It was also nice to see how supportive her whole family was to her and they worked together.

Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

I remembered Nikki's initial show. She seemed to come from one of the show's 'better' families. Their home was really nice, & Nikki had an artsy job. I don't mean that as a slur to the rest of them.

What's always surprised me with ALL the participants is how they unabashedly show their bodies....even while they're losing the weight & the doctor says 'show me your stomach', & they do it right away, & on camera!

I find it strange that they don't really give them time to cover up before they start discussing their course of action.  I have never been to a doctor who didn't let me cover up before discussing my issue.