Esteemed Contributor

no comments on the New Miss America Sunday Night

I DVR it.  It was slightly different.  I miss Bert Parks singing, "There She Goes, Miss America".  That's how old I am.   Congradulations to the Ladies for all their acheivements. 

I wonder if Miss USA  will change.  I had to see the change, though most people don't watch it anymore in todays climate.  I use to look forward to it when I was a young girl.  It was a fun program for me.

Today, everything has to be violent and cussing.  This was refreshing.

Honored Contributor

Re: no comments on the New Miss America Sunday Night

I can't remember when I last watched the Miss America show.  

Honored Contributor

I liked Miss American 2.0, it was a refreshing change

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm kind of surprised it's still on.  

Esteemed Contributor

My mother used to make me watch it when I was a kid. I hated it then. I realized then it was so plastic. It needs to go away. I don’t find it refreshing, I find it dumb and unrealistic for today’s world.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched these in years.  I'm probably asleep anyway.  I don't watch awards shows either.  I check on the computer the next day to see what dresses the women wore.  That's where it ends for me now.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations, New Yorkers!  Your candidate, Nia Franklin, won!  There was no swimsuit competition.  Rating were down 13% from last year.  Unfortunately the program aired vs Sunday Night Football.

P.S. No idea who the host is but he's no Bert Parks!  Smiley Happy

miss new york.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I don't watch this, but there was a whole thread about it recently.  HTH Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Congratulations, New Yorkers!  Your candidate, Nia Franklin, won!  There was no swimsuit competition.  Rating were down 13% from last year.  Unfortunately the program aired vs Sunday Night Football.

P.S. No idea who the host is but he's no Bert Parks!  Smiley Happy

miss new york.jpeg

@ValuSkr The host in this pic is Ross Matthews. I recall when he got his start on The Tonight show, years ago.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @sommertime.  I'd have guessed James Corden, the English host of the Lale :Late Show, which would have been incorrect!