Trusted Contributor

Do you have a favorite?  I like when the lion said to the tin man in The Wizard of Oz:

how long 'you stay fresh in that can?

I often think of it when I open a can of coffee. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Re: funniest line in a movie

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Trusted Contributor

One that I keep thinking about recently is a line from "A League of Their Own".

Tom Hanks, the manager of the team, sees one of the girls crying.  He can't believe his eyes.  He says "Are you crying? Are you crying?  There is NO crying in baseball."  Or something to that effect.

I had seen that movie years ago, but seeing it again recently made me really appreciate that line. 

Esteemed Contributor

” I’ll have what she’s having”. Still cracks me up!!

Esteemed Contributor

This got a big laugh from the audience when I saw it in the theater, including from me.

"I happen to know that in the future I will not have the slightest use for algebra, and I speak from experience".

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

So many of the lines from "Wag the Dog". There is one where Hoffman is asked about receiving a special appt. to a foreign country and he says he doesn't even like to go to somewhere near Beverly Hiils. Sounds like me.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

hands down my fav is from The Devil Wears Prada----"gird your loins"-- one I try to use whenever it is appropiate!!!Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

This got a big laugh from the audience when I saw it in the theater, including from me.

"I happen to know that in the future I will not have the slightest use for algebra, and I speak from experience".

download.jpg

@Johnnyeager wrote:

download.jpg

I love that one too.  I use it sometimes, to myself, or variations of it depending on what I'm doing at the time.

Respected Contributor

"Walk this way"   Igor from young Frankenstein.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In "A Christmas Story" when Ralphie visits Santa to tell him he wants, "an official Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle," and Santa tells him, "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"  Wasn't expecting to hear that the first time I saw the movie.  Makes me laugh every single time!