Honored Contributor

Re: funniest line in a movie

My siggy line cracks me up every time I hear it.  Try to picture/hear Helen Mirren saying it with a Yorkshire accent.  Love that movie.

Honored Contributor

Image result for birdcage-well one does want a hint of color

The Birdcage (again) LOL!

Every single time!

The thing is, as many times as I've watched this, I always thought he said "Well, because.."

So everytime I hear someone say "because" in a sort of slow way, I start laughing! I can't help it. People probably think I'm insane and I get these blank looks that follow, so then I feel I must explain the whole Nathan scene in the movie and start laughing all over again.

(while the silent looks continue lol! I can imagine them thinking "well, bless her heart")

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

"Oh yeah.........you blend"  My Cousin Vinny

Image result for marisa tomei my cousin vinny quote oh yeah you blend
My Cousin Vinny GIFs | Tenor
tenor.com

Respected Contributor

"Surely you can't be serious?"
"I am serious...And don't call me Shirley" ~ Airplane
Esteemed Contributor

"Surely you can't be serious............. "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley."

Trusted Contributor

I've read that the last few words were ad libbed.

Image result for the kid and bart  you know morons

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

In "A Christmas Story" when Ralphie visits Santa to tell him he wants, "an official Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle," and Santa tells him, "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"  Wasn't expecting to hear that the first time I saw the movie.  Makes me laugh every single time!

@IlliniGirl88 -

So many good ones in this one movie! My kids and I often quote that and also "Stuck, stuck, stuck!!" when the situation in daily life just calls for this- no better ways to describe

whats going on!Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

More from Airplane...

Elaine Dickinson: You got a letter from headquarters this morning.

Ted Striker: What is it?

Elaine Dickinson: It's a big building where generals meet, but that's not important.

-------

Operator: [Captain Oveur is on the phone with the Mayo Clinic] Excuse me, Captain Oveur, but I have an emergency call on line five from a Mr. Hamm.

Captain Oveur: All right, give me a Hamm on five, hold the Mayo.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Image result for i have more insurance kathy bates

FRIED GREEN TOMATOES(1991), Evelyn Couch(Kathy Bates)

Hilarious! Always makes me laugh!Smiley LOL

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

The scene in Monk when he is hanging over the cliff and the "leper" reaches out his hand, trying to save Monk's life.Woman LOL

Monk: "Is there someone else?"

Man with leprocy shakes head

Monk:"Well, could you look around?!"