Trusted Contributor

? for viewers of both Broadchurch and Gracepoint--asking for Spoiler

I watched Broadchurch (really liked it) but not Gracepoint. I did read that the ending of Gracepoint was going to have a different killer but wonder if that is indeed the case. Can someone who watched Gracepoint tell me if it was the same as in Broadchurch?

Respected Contributor

Re: ? for viewers of both Broadchurch and Gracepoint--asking for Spoiler

Do you want to know the actual ending? Your question is slightly complicated. If you don't plan on watching Gracepoint, I can tell you the difference. Otherwise, let me just say the ending is different.

Trusted Contributor

I do not plan to watch Gracepoint, just want to know if it had the same killer as the one in Broadchurch, and if not, who was it?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Joe met Danny at the hut (just like it happened in Broadchurch) and was acting kind of like a would be pedophile (he said he had never previously touched Danny.) In the Gracepoint version, Tom had followed Joe out of the house and saw Joe meeting Danny. When Joe became a little too friendly, Danny ran out of the hut and Tom picked up a beam (or something) and thinking he was swinging at his dad to protect Danny, he actually hit Danny in the head and killed him. A big cheat, if you ask me.

So while the death took place at the hut, it wasn't Joe that killed Danny, it was Tom. Joe confessed to the crime, though, to protect Tom, and Ellie let him. At the end it seemed that Hardy realized it was really Joe who had hit Danny, but the audience was left wondering if he was going to do anything with that knowledge because that's where it ended.

Hope that answers your question.

Trusted Contributor

It does, thank you!