Honored Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars....SPORTS EDITION spring 2018

I couldn't watch last night, just finished.  I know some won't agree but I think Adam and his partner are next level.  That dance...I had tears in my eyes.  And everything else he does.

Adam's the obvious winner but America loves a great comeback story and I'm wondering if they'll give it to Tonya.  I hope not.  

I loved when Adam said (paraphrasing) I'm glad I'm a good crier.  He's so funny! 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I couldn't watch last night, just finished.  I know some won't agree but I think Adam and his partner are next level.  That dance...I had tears in my eyes.  And everything else he does.

Adam's the obvious winner but America loves a great comeback story and I'm wondering if they'll give it to Tonya.  I hope not.  

I loved when Adam said (paraphrasing) I'm glad I'm a good crier.  He's so funny! 

@LoriLori  Yes, Adam is the obvious winner.  If the votes go by the dancing he'll definitely win.  I hope Tonya comes in third, because her dancing just isn't up to par with Adam and Josh.  I have a higher opinion of her now than I did at the beginning of the show, but she isn't a good enough dancer to win.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack. ITA and I hope Adam comes in first.  Second and third, I don't mind which as long as Adam takes it.  That contemporary dance was poetry in motion.

Honored Contributor

You could tell Maiuri was really surprised she got the boot!  I was surprised too.  In my opinion, it makes the voting seem more realistic...just my opinion.

I just didn't care for her 'vibe'.  She just seemed a little too sure of herself...I mean I know she needs to be to be an Olympic competitor.  She's cute and all that and I feel guilty that I'm admitting this...just can't explain my feelings (not that it matters to anyone).  Ha!

Honored Contributor

I agree with the consensus here.....

I do think Adam is the best dancer and Josh is very good too.  And I agree with Sharna I think the judges were a bit hard on Josh.......But Im glad he made the finale

And I agree about Mirai @Annabellethecat66  she gives off a bad "vibe" and I think she could use a dose of humility too... (especially if she wants to be a "star" as she has mentioned)....She didnt even like what the mentor, Meryl, or what the judges told her.....I thought for sure she'd be the third one going to the finale.....But was relieved when she didnt make it....

And I was shocked it was Tonya and not Chris chosen for the third spot....Chris is the better dancer, but for her age Tonya has worked hard and done pretty well, but realistically on dancing ability it really should have been Chris, but thats the beauty of the show there's always some surprise, thats what makes it fun to watch and Im glad ABC picked the show up for another season..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

You could tell Maiuri was really surprised she got the boot!  I was surprised too.  In my opinion, it makes the voting seem more realistic...just my opinion.

I just didn't care for her 'vibe'.  She just seemed a little too sure of herself...I mean I know she needs to be to be an Olympic competitor.  She's cute and all that and I feel guilty that I'm admitting this...just can't explain my feelings (not that it matters to anyone).  Ha!

She thought she was going to win.  She rubbed me the wrong way...

Esteemed Contributor

Completely agree about Mirai.  I don't know if she's just really immature or what it is but I was also not a fan.    I'm sure she was one unhappy little cookie who can't believe this has happened.

Maybe, as someone said earlier, they just didn't want the three skaters in the finale and chose to boot one of them and she drew the short straw. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really like Adam and hope he takes the Mirror Ball Trophy. With that said, I don't like the short version of DWTS. No room for improvement and for us to get to know the participants better. Hope this was just a one time deal and they go back to the normal programming they started with. 

Esteemed Contributor

When upsets happen, as they sometimes do when the audience votes count as part of the score, I wonder if the person who knows they're clearly more talented feels a little frustrated. I guess they just have to resign themselves to the fact that they didn't have as big a fan base or, maybe, as with Mirai, they didn't connect to the audience in a positive enough way.

This season, though, it had to hurt. Imagine Mirai and Chris standing there waiting to hear their fate, knowing they're better dancers than Tonya, and realizing that she's a finalist and they're out. Ouch! I imagine them thinking, "What? America likes me less than they like Tonya Harding?" 

I realize it's not literally "America," it's the voting audience, but still. I feel like that's a blow that might need the help of a good therapist to heal. Just joking--sort of. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 @LoriLori @SusieQ_2 @ibb38 @Annabellethecat @qvcfreak @Wsmom @Bri63  @NickNack 

@CANDLEQUEEN @ChiliPepper

What did everyone think................

I didnt like Adam's free style at all---I even liked Tonya's dance better than his.

I thought Josh was very good........and thought he would squeak in because the votes were close and even Carrie Ann and Len werent that thrilled with Adam's freestyle dance. 

But at least Josh gave it a good showing....

In the fall it will be a full normal series.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”