Respected Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars 11/7/16 with spoilers

Mark Ballas and the Jersey boys were very good. Mark is a great singer. I liked him singing better than dancing. It was nice to see another side of him. 

The show is starting to get good now they have weeded out the others. Jana is a good dancer, and Laurie and Val I like also. Never was crazy about Marilu but will miss watching Derrick. Love to watch James and Sharna. I hope she gets to dance at the finale. Calvin and Lindsey are good also. Now it will be more interesting.

Honored Contributor

The right person went home last night, actually I think Marilu should have gone before now, but next week they all have to bring their A game. For some reason as good and Jana and Gleb are, they just aren't getting the votes it seems, they were in the bottom 2 again last night..I think the Terre is doing a great job, but I think she needs to go next week, as the remaining couples seem in a different category than she does, she did fantastic though.....For some reason I think its going to come down to James and Sharna and Laurie and Val....It was a great show last night, and I really enjoyed Mark Ballas, he was fantastic, as was Idina Menzel(sp?) She seems super sweet and I bet her little boy is a doll(her ex is Taye Diggs).....

Respected Contributor

I think that Terra is such a great dancer & she gives it everything she has. Sasha is awesome, too. They have great chemistry & she is working it. Love her hair, makeup & costumes. It's just different to see someone with such short legs instead of those long dancer legs, but I think she is doing so well. It's been a really good season & the dancing last night was very entertaining. 

Honored Contributor

My favorite dances last night which is hard to pick because they all were so good, but I really loved James's dance to The Wiz, Brand New Day, that was a packed routine, and he nailed it......I also loved the dance with Laurie and Jana and their partners, very powerful and different!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Were Marilu and Derek on GMA this morning?  I recorded it, because the winners are usually on.  I noticed Tom didn't mention it last night and don't want to fast forward through the entire show if they won't be on.

Edited to say:  Never mind.  I just fast forwarded, and they weren't on.  I should have realized they wouldn't be on today.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jana be the next to go and Terra stick around.  She has a good chance to beat out any of the remaining people except Laurie IMO.  Not that she deserves to; just the way they push her and over score her. 

I would love to see James win.  I'd be fine with Calvin and Jana winning.  I just would prefer Laurie not win...I think she has a huge advantage for the obvious reasons, plus, honestly, I just haven't been able to stand Val since he fat shamed the Down syndrome girl on social media. 

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Unfortunately I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jana be the next to go and Terra stick around.  She has a good chance to beat out any of the remaining people except Laurie IMO.  Not that she deserves to; just the way they push her and over score her. 

I would love to see James win.  I'd be fine with Calvin and Jana winning.  I just would prefer Laurie not win...I think she has a huge advantage for the obvious reasons, plus, honestly, I just haven't been able to stand Val since he fat shamed the Down syndrome girl on social media. 

I agree. I would not be surprised to see Jana leave next week or Calvin. Terra is being scored much too high in my opinion, she is good and does very well, but they are going overboard with the scoring...I don't think that Terra would beat out James or Laurie, so if it ends up being those 3 going for the Mirror Ball, I see Terra taking 3rd place.......But who knows?? It has been a much better season that I anticipated.........

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

Mark Ballas and the Jersey boys were very good. Mark is a great singer. I liked him singing better than dancing. It was nice to see another side of him. 

The show is starting to get good now they have weeded out the others. Jana is a good dancer, and Laurie and Val I like also. Never was crazy about Marilu but will miss watching Derrick. Love to watch James and Sharna. I hope she gets to dance at the finale. Calvin and Lindsey are good also. Now it will be more interesting.

WIth Mark playing Frankie Valli, I was thinking of seeing Jersey Boys again before it closed. But I didn't think the performers  playing the 4 Seasons were very convincing as a group! It seemed forced.... last night's DWTS saved me $100!! 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

WIth Mark playing Frankie Valli, I was thinking of seeing Jersey Boys again before it closed. But I didn't think the performers  playing the 4 Seasons were very convincing as a group! It seemed forced.... last night's DWTS saved me $100!! 

I saw Jersey Boys (recently) with Mark Ballas.  Since it opened I've seen it 2 other times.  I saw the original with John Lloyd Young, (he was fabulous) and then with another lead in about 2012. (he was good too)  Mark Ballas is not on par with either of the leads I've seen.

Randy Jackson would have said he was pitchy.

The tickets we had for the latest performance were around $30.  I think they're having a hard time filling the theater even with MB's DWTS fans.

Honored Contributor

Terra has got to go tonight!