Honored Contributor

Zoey's Extraordinary Play List?

Anyone watch this?  Somehow I ended up DVRing it.

It's very, very different but kinda nice to be hearing all of the songs I've known for years.

Remember Ally McBeal?  Remember, she would hear songs in her head?  It's basically something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zoey%27s+extraordinary+playlist+tv+show+trailer

Honored Contributor

Re: Zoey's Extraordinary Play List?

[ Edited ]

Saw tons of promos for this, not interested. Hoping next week New Amsterdam will return !!

Honored Contributor

It plays the kind of songs that sticks in your (my) head.

Drives me crazy to keep hearing them over and over.

Everyone has their favorites.  I'll leave it at that.

Honored Contributor

I watched it and liked it, it's quirky, I like quirky. Zoey will come to embrace her new "gift", probably helping people. The scene with her father (the talented Peter Gallagher), was touching.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  Thanks for your post.  I still have to finish watching it.

What's that they call a song that gets in your head?  Is it earwig?

OMG!  I just googled what I typed above and I got all of the websites for mental and physical problems!  Are you kidding me?  Ha!

Anyway, I finally got the last song I heard out of my head.  They're the kind of music I listened to when I was younger and my girls were growing up.

I always joke about some (not all but some) of the rap music.  Most of it I can't understand it, but sometimes I'll kid my daughter and say, "OK, everybody...now sing along".  They laugh and say, "I see your point".

The songs I have heard on this show so far are nice.  I hope it keeps up.

Thanks again for not busting on the TV.  If someone doesn't like or even want to see a show, I think it's best to just say they've never heard of it or maybe, "I'll check it out".  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I hope this show is given a chance, I can see it not being for everyone. I like Jane Levy, I remember her from the show Suburgatory ( Jeremy Sisto from FBI played her dad), I also recently saw her in season one of Castle Rock. I also like Skyler Astin from Pitch Perfect, Peter Gallagher, and Lauren Graham (Gillmore Girls and Parenthood).

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  I agree with you (about it not being for everyone).

I think your post was very well stated.  I think it could do well if people would take it the way it is not how they'd want it to be.

I think it could be a show that would make people feel good.  

Esteemed Contributor

I DVR'd the pilot and finally watched it tonight.  I found it interesting and different.  I set up series recording for it.  New episodes begin 02/16.  Agree with the poster above about the scene with her father.  Loved the music. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Anyone watch this?  Somehow I ended up DVRing it.

It's very, very different but kinda nice to be hearing all of the songs I've known for years.

Remember Ally McBeal?  Remember, she would hear songs in her head?  It's basically something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zoey%27s+extraordinary+playlist+tv+show+trailer

I loved Ally McBealSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the new episode this morning, I LOVE this show ( since I do it will probably get cancelled)!! I have been a fan of Peter Gallagher since I saw him in The Idolmaker. I'm sure there are people that didn't know he could sing and dance and has spent time on Broadway. This show may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it sure is mine.