Honored Contributor

Re: Young and Restless - 2022...

I can't stand this Devon wanting the legal right to be Dominic's other DaDa.

This makes me sick to my stomach.

That B Amanda needs to butt out.  She's the one pushing this.

I think Devon is about to find out what it's like to have Victor and the 'gang' unhappy campers and him (Devon) the cause of their unhappiness.

In the world to day it seems like no one pays attention to legal documents, etc.

We all saw this coming.  Talk about confusing a child!

I just fast forward over it.

Respected Contributor

How much longer are we going to be forced to endure that superfluous character of Tessa?  I guess now that she and Mariah are getting married and about to adopt a child we are going to be stuck with her forever.   

On the subject of adoption.  I get such a kick out of how somebody on a soap just decides they want to adopt and instantly they have a child.  Two couples that we know were unable to have their own children and chose to adopt.  The steps and formalities that both of these couples had to go through was mind boggling.  Finances were scrutinized, both the husband and wife had to have interviews with a psychologist and even their parish priest was asked to verify their moral conduct.  There were many home visits both announced and unannounced. 

Their entire lives became an open book.  One couple told me halfway through the process they were beginning to doubt if they were even going to be accepted and it was taking a toll on their relationship.  

Both couples ultimately were accepted and they both adopted newborn infants.  They then went on to adopt a second child and of course that process was much easier.

After seeing everything these couples went through I always laugh when I see how TV or movies make adoption of a child seem like going to the shelter to adopt a pet.

I'm curious how quickly we are going to see Mariah and Tessa holding that infant.  By Y&R standards that should be by the end of next week.

Respected Contributor

I happen to like Robert Newman. I watched Guiding Light from when it first aired until the end. I think he is a great actor and look forward to seeing him on Y & R.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer I'm going to give him a chance too.  I hope he is good in the role.

Honored Contributor

If Devon becomes shared custody every time they have to make a decision about their son they will be expected to get Devon's approval just as if he was a parent and they are divorced.

I'm hoping Victor and the rest of the clan turns on Devon.  I'm looking forward to it.

Trouble is, I can't stand seeing much of Devon....

They keep talking about Christian.  I guess when we see him he will be a teenager.

Esteemed Contributor

Devon has become so annoying, just sitting around and moping about Dominic. He knew what he was doing when he signed the agreement.

Also wish Billy would keep his shirt on.  Not appealing, at least not to me!

Honored Contributor

I'm bbbaacckk.  I keep saying out loud to Bill the cat, "The baby is about a few months old.  All that baby cares about is drinking milk, pooping and peeing.  That's it!

Devon talks about the baby like he's an older kid and knows which end is up.

I might have to stop watching for awhile.  I just don't like watching something so stupid.

Then I'm thing, "Heck!  Let's invite Mariah to have apiece of the kid too."

What makes Devon so special that he has the right to decide anything about this baby?

I'm wound up now!

Respected Contributor

I've never cared for Devon.   He always acts like he's got a stick up his backside!  He's just boring.

Valued Contributor

I didn't think this show could get any worse. I was wrong!!!!! Hate these story lines. 

Respected Contributor

I can"t stand this Devon story either. Amanda sitting there all smug and encouraging him. She can leave anytime with her family.

As far as Billy goes, that"s what he is always doing with Lilly and before that Phyllis.Yuk.