Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R July 2017...SPOILERS!!!

[ Edited ]

So, it appears this whole week is more or less dedicated to the "B" team and my remote got a big time work out again yesterday... Too much time spent with the teens at the 'pool' (funny, we never see any water...), on Hillary and Jordan, who just aren't that interesting (she is, or at least can be... he isn't...) and on Kevin and his cronies...

A few observations...

Cane doesn't strike me as being all that sorry for what happened... just sorry he got caught... I cannot stand him...

I don't like Victoria either, but will give her credit for telling Cane to be gone when she got back or she'd have security toss him out... Interesting, though, since it's the Jabot building...

And speaking of the Jabot building... why would Fenmore's have their offices in the Jabot building, when the 'merger', of sorts, is only a few months old...

If they wanted us to believe that nubile young things are falling all over "Charles" then they really should've cast a better looking kid, who isn't all skin and bones... Having any acting ability whatsoever would've been nice too...

The shirtless debacle continued with Reed, who, I have to say, actually looks better shirtless and wet than he usually does... which is still not to say that he looked all that swift...

Poor Esther... where her family is concerned, she just can't catch a break...

Is it just me or has Lily's place expanded significantly in recent weeks... and I always thought it was an apartment, but now I see it's somehow morphed into a fairly significant ranch house...

Have Jill and her man, such as he is, taken off again... you know, to finish her bucket list... or are they still lurking around town so she can remind Billy yet again that Olive Oyl is the woman for him... And, perhaps, so they can try to bail out her revolting step-son...

So where's Ravi... Is he destined to be yet another character they short-sightedly brought on and now have no need for, who disappears without mention... I like him. I hope they keep him around, but not with Ashley...

Since Juliette went wilingly for a paternity test, we just have to hope that Cane gets shut down yet again... and that the kid is his... If so, I really, really want to see Juliette, Lily or somebody slap the snot out of him and wipe the smug look off his pasty face... Oh, did I mention that I. just. cannot. stand. him. any. way. shape. or. form.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb

WELL SAID  Woman Happy!

Honored Contributor

Summary for Monday, July 10th from soaps.com:

At the park café, Kevin sends Bella off, and Chelsea asks why she thinks Chloe is still alive. Kevin explains it’s what she says when they go to Chloe’s grave. Chelsea can relate – Connor sometimes talks to Adam. Kevin’s sorry. Chelsea suggests a playdate, but Kevin reveals they’re moving…today. Later, Paul arrives and Kevin says he’s leaving town. Paul wonders if he’s really thought about this, but is accepting. “I’m really going to miss you, Kevin.” They embrace.

In the tackhouse, Nick assures Faith by phone she doesn’t have to come home from camp for the concert. Chelsea arrives and relays that Kevin and Bella are moving. Nick is all for fresh starts. Talk turns to the concert and Nick confides that Nikki’s MS flared up, and he swore not to tell Victor. Chelsea urges him to trust his mom.

At the ranch, Nikki learns Victor commissioned a Chelsea 2.0 original for her to wear at the concert. Vic feels she deserves it for overcoming her MS to do the courageous performance. When he turns away she struggles to put on her necklace. She reminds Victor nothing has changed between them. He convinces her to don the gown, and then calls Chelsea to do an alteration. Talk turns to their family problems. Vic won’t give up. Later, Chelsea arrives and has to help Nikki unclasp her necklace.

Victor arrives at the tackhouse, where Nick angrily challenges him to see how miserable this concert is making Nikki and to cancel it. Vic claims he has no ulterior motives, and says Nikki would be devastated if he called it off. Nick snaps, “Better emotional pain than physical.”

At home, Lily disconnects from Neil as Cane comes in. She warns Mattie senses something is wrong. Cane is waiting on the paternity results and recalls going through this with Chloe. Lily hopes Juliet is lying. Cane reveals Victoria fired him. He mutters, “If only Victoria had fired Billy.” Lily angrily asks him to stop blaming others. Cane apologizes – he’s ashamed. Lily wonders what’s next. Cane assures her this won’t become public knowledge, but Lily argues it will if it’s his baby. She asks him to let her know when he figures out how she’s supposed to trust him again, and walks out. After, Mattie and Charlie enter, bickering, and Cane sits them down to tell them Victoria had to let him go. The twins are upset on his behalf, and try to make their dad feel better. He hugs them.

In Victoria’s office at Brash & Sassy, Billy is surprised to hear she fired Cane. He admits he thought she would keep him on, and agrees to give up weekends to pitch in. Later, Lily arrives, and spots Cane’s belongings in a box. Victoria is sorry it came to letting him go, but Cane left her no choice. Lily in turn, apologizes for him costing the company money. It’s established that Lily will continue as their ambassador, and she declines to take Cane’s belongings home. After, Billy and Vikki agree they respect how Lily’s handling things. Vikki reveals that Reed has a crush on their daughter. She looks at her laptop and exclaims over the company’s bad quarterly financials.

At the Chancellor estate, a panicking Esther ushers Gloria in and shares Kevin’s plan to move away with Bella. Gloria vows she’ll convince him to stay. When Kevin arrives, Esther and Bella are dispatched to the kitchen while Gloria confronts her son. He gives her the fresh start explanation and she barks, “Liar!” She knows change make him nuts. Kevin claims he’s stepping outside his comfort zone to find happiness. Once packed, Kevin and Bella say tearful farewells to Esther and Gloria. Outside, Kevin tells Bella they’ll finally be a family with mommy.

At the Club, Lily groans to Neil that she doesn’t know what she’ll do if Cane got Juliet pregnant. Neil hopes she’s prepared for some heavy decisions.

In the ranch living room, Victor stuns Nikki by acknowledging that he never asked her if she wanted to perform. He offers to cancel it if it’s too stressful, she just has to let him know. Nikki informs him she will do the concert for herself.

Chelsea returns to the tackhouse full of concern about Nikki’s pain. Nick decides that even if he angers his mother, he cannot let this concert happen.

A Look Ahead to Tuesday, July 11th:

Hilary asks, “What exactly would you like to talk to me about?” Victor replies, “The story that the audience would actually like to see.”

Nikki tells Jack she is more than ready for the performance and says, “You are going to be there to see it.”

Jill says to Cane, “I don’t know how your family’s ever going to recover from this.”

Honored Contributor

Spoilers for Week of July 10th from soaps.com:

Monday July 10:

Cane tells his kids he was fired.

Victoria apologizes to Lily, but says Cane gave her no choice.

Nick tells Victor to cancel the concert.

Tuesday July 11:

Jill weighs in on Cane's situation.

Hilary meets with Victor.

Nikki assures Jack she's ready to perform and wants him there to see it.

Wednesday July 12:

Victor must make a difficult decision.

Thursday July 13:

Genoa City residents gather for Nikki's concert.

Jack and Ashley manage to get Dina on her own, away from Graham.

Friday July 14:

The Newmans struggle to keep up appearances.

More:

Cane's paternity test results come in.

Coming up:

Tessa works to avoid facing the past.

Hilary gets a juicy story.

Victor makes a stunning declaration.

Abby squares off with Victoria.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 The same person who does all of the weird hairdo's.  Look at Sharon's straw hairdo.  Scott needs to find a razor.

I think he's growing that hair because he doesn't want that hairdo person on the set touching his mop.  He might end up looking like Kevin.

I'm sitting here looking at Mariah and her hair is all stringy.  I guess string is in.

I wonder if Niki is going to wig out during the concert.  At least she didn't turn to alcohol (that we know of).  Hummm???  Here we go again.

Honored Contributor

I guess he wasn't too drunk to do the deed....if she wasn't really pregnant and it wasn't his, I doubt that she'd have agreed to the paternity test so quickly.....

Honored Contributor

Seems to me Nikki's speech is kind of slurred @Annabellethecat66.  I was wondering if she had been drinking.

Now what juicy story could Victor have to give Hellary?  

I dont know if I said it here or another site...if Juliet is pg with Cane's baby, I doubt if she will carry it to term.  The fact that she's willing to take a paternity test means that it is his baby or she knows a lab tech like the others did.  Or snuck back and changed the results.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

If she has 'connections' with yet another lab tech they really need to put a lock on that door and hire someone else.

I know things (stories) get re-hashed but good grief!  How many people have messed with that lab there?  I've lost count!

Sometimes I think these writers (many writers) write themselves into a corner and have trouble getting out of it....then they come up with the most hair-brained schemes.

Honored Contributor

Spoilers for Week of July 10th from soapcentral.com:

Kevin provides his family with shocking news

Juliet is lonely and needs someone to talk to

Hilary reminds Juliet that she is the only one who knows the truth about Juliet's lie

Juliet detected the subtle threat from Hilary

Juliet gets the results of her paternity test

Cane tells Lily he has been fired

Cane angers Lily when he tries to blame Billy for the problems in his life

Cane and Juliet have a heated confrontation

Cane is on the receiving end of Jill's anger

Victor turns on the charm in an attempt to win Nikki back

Nikki's MS flares to dangerous levels after feeling pressured by Victor

Nikki has to make a hard decision about her life

Nick's concern for Nikki escalates and he urges her to cancel her concert

Nikki is determined to perform in spite of the severity of her pain

Nick and Tessa are concerned because Nikki's flares up are getting more severe

Nick opens up to Chelsea about Nikki

Nick takes drastic measures

Chloe makes a confession

Victor has to make a very tough decision

Drama unfolds as the elite of Genoa City gather for Nikki's concert

Jack and Ashley make sure that Dina and Graham are separated

Keeping up the charade becomes a struggle for the Newman family

Scott tells Sharon about his past

Casting scoops

David Faustino returns as former GC Buzz producer Howard Green on July 13 and 14.

Derek Anthony returns as Dean Miller, the dean of the medical school, on July 14.

Greg Rikaart's contract will not be renewed, and Greg will be leaving the show sometime in August.

Marla Adams has reprised her role as Dina Mergeron, the long-lost Abbott family matriarch. 

Eric SJ Blain won a nationwide casting call and will appear on The Young and the Restless.

A sneak peek at next week

Tessa wants to keep her past buried

Hilary has a scandalous story fall into her lap

Victor's announcement is shocking

Victoria is on the receiving end of Abby's wrath

Summer preview

Victor will not accept defeat and plans to regain control of his family, no matter what

Victoria, Nikki, and Nick agree that Victor doesn't deserve control of the Newman clan because of the unforgivable things he's done

Nick hides Victor's involvement with Chloe from Chelsea

Chelsea keeps Nick in the dark about Christian being Adam's son

Hilary and Devon try to move on with other relationships

Mariah notices the deep connection between Devon and Hilary

Hilary is surprised by the connection she shares with Jordan

Billy realizes that Phyllis gives him an emotional high while Victoria gives him the stability of a family

Scott and Abby constantly lock horns because of their intense dislike for each other

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking of Lily's revamped digs... I've noticed the kitchen window is consistently 'blacked out'... Come on... they couldn't have just hung a curtain or faked a 'scene' outside the window.... Or, if they couldn't do that, maybe the kitchen set shouldn't have had a window...

So it appears Our Girl Hillary is going to threaten breaking bad on Juliette... Honestly, I still think that sooner or later we're going to see a "Who Shot Hillary" story line... The woman is just such a piece of work and she just can't seem to help herself... 

Related, sooner or later the risque pictures of Hill have to surface, as does The Whisperer's paying off the videographer to nail Billy... You know, maybe Hill and Lily's revolting beloved should pair up. They both really, really, really suck.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...