Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R April 2017...SPOILERS!!!

Wow, Y&R is really reaching back then, lol.  I have watched from the beginning but, of course, there were no recording devices back then.  Also, when I don't  like a SL, I'd stop watching for a while.  So I either forgot about Cricket and Scott Sr or I wasn't watching at that time.  I do remember Sheila stole little Scott, though. Who can forget Sheila SLs.

Funny, the writers never bought this up since then.  Lauren and Cricket should have kept a connection going in a SL.  When Scott was missing, no mention of telling auntie Cricket.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Spoilers for Week of April 24th from soapcentral.com:

Paul and Nick are concerned that the evidence against Chloe might be questionable

Nick and Chelsea have a romantic evening

Scott calls Lauren out when he catches her trying to micromanage

Hilary gives her career a new boost

Hilary is troubled by Devon and Mariah's growing relationship

Victor is shocked by what he discovers

Nikki is surprised by Victor's grand gesture

Chloe sends Billy and Kevin a letter about Bella's paternity

Billy is furious that Chloe had stolen his sperm

Kevin is thrilled with the idea that Bella might be his child

Billy and Kevin provide Paul with their letters from Chloe

Billy and Kevin have DNA testing done

Billy and Phyllis want a future together and don't want to hide their relationship

Billy and Phyllis decide to tell Jack and Victoria about their relationship

Phyllis asks Jack to stop his vendetta against Billy

Billy and Jack's animosity is rekindled

Jack and Farrah Dubose clash

Cane's plan backfires when he tries to cover his tracks

Jordan suspects that Cane has been unfaithful

Casting scoops

George Gray will return as George, former produce at GC Buzz, on April 26.

Alec Mapa has been cast to play Anthony. No airdate has been provided yet.

David Faustino returns as Howard Green, the former sleazy producer of GC Buzz. 

Erika Girardi reprises her role as Farrah Dubose this month.

Marla Adams reprises her role as Dina Mergeron, the long-lost Abbott family matriarch. 

Julie Chen of The Talk will make a cameo appearance on May 17. 

Eric SJ Blain won a nationwide casting call and will appear on The Young and the Restless. 

A sneak peek at next week

Cane discovers damaging information and uses against Billy

Ashley uncovers startling information about Jack's recent activities

Billy and Phyllis are caught in a compromising situation

Victoria lashes out

Ashley and Jack reflect about their mother, Dina

Devon and Neil pursue an interesting deal that could be a game changer

Jack finds himself working with someone unexpected

Chelsea encounters a familiar face

Devon and Mariah take the next step in their relationship

Tessa and Nikki share the spotlight

May Sweeps preview

Victor will work hard to prove how important family is to him

Nick must decide whether he should help Chelsea find Chloe or stay loyal to his family about the secret

Victoria is hurt by Phyllis and Billy's reunion, but she isn't ready to give up yet

Hilary has trouble moving forward from her failed marriage and her jealousy escalates when she sees how easy Mariah and Devon are with each other

Abby's insecurities might get the best of her because she is willing to prove herself to Victor at any cost

Jack and Ashley's relationship will be tested by a surprise visitor from their past

Jack and Ashley pursue their surprisingly unexpected romances

Lauren's reaction to Scott's new relationship will be surprising

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Way back, Scott Grainger & Cricket were a couple & then, discovered they had the same father or something, so no more being a couple!    I think that was before Scott & Lauren got together & had Scotty, who was then stolen by Sheila without LAuren realizing it & replaced with another baby who died, while Sheila had Scotty.  Oy!

I guess that was during a period when I either wasn't watching at all or only occasionally...  a pattern that, given the current offerings, seems likely to repeat itself...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Wow, Y&R is really reaching back then, lol.  I have watched from the beginning but, of course, there were no recording devices back then.  Also, when I don't  like a SL, I'd stop watching for a while.  So I either forgot about Cricket and Scott Sr or I wasn't watching at that time.  I do remember Sheila stole little Scott, though. Who can forget Sheila SLs.

Funny, the writers never bought this up since then.  Lauren and Cricket should have kept a connection going in a SL.  When Scott was missing, no mention of telling auntie Cricket.  

Seriously... never a mention of 'has anyone told Chris' when Mr. Shag-Natsy was MIA... And Fen is barely mentioned anymore, though bringing him back might have been more reasonable since at least most of us actually remember him and he'd probably appear more age-appropriate...

Honored Contributor

And again yesterday with all those deep feelings Nick and Victoria had for Adam... Oh please... First Jack wondering how Nick was coping and then Nick pontificating that he and "Vick" will get through it somehow, or words to that effect... What a boatload... I don't recall either of them being partiularly close to Adam, especially Victoria... And here's the thing, the man was ostensibly blown to smithereens months ago... The only thing that's changed is they've all recently learned it wasn't an accident... So really, why all the belated angst...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like the Cricket/Scott thing was back in 1989 (per Wiki):

Scott entered the picture as the doctor working on Jessica Blair who had AIDS. In 1989, Jessica's daughter, Christine Blair, fell in love with Scott and they became engaged. The engagement was brought to an end when Christine discovered that Scott was her brother, as the result of an affair between Jessica and Scott's father, Jim. While Christine was disappointed, she was thrilled to be able to meet her real father, Jim. Scott began dating Lauren Fenmore.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Looks like the Cricket/Scott thing was back in 1989 (per Wiki):

Scott entered the picture as the doctor working on Jessica Blair who had AIDS. In 1989, Jessica's daughter, Christine Blair, fell in love with Scott and they became engaged. The engagement was brought to an end when Christine discovered that Scott was her brother, as the result of an affair between Jessica and Scott's father, Jim. While Christine was disappointed, she was thrilled to be able to meet her real father, Jim. Scott began dating Lauren Fenmore.

I completely forgot about Jessica... As I remember, I actually liked her, though I've never been able to hack her daughter... I don't remember the father at all... I think I've always tended to fast forward through most scenes involving "Cricket"... No reason to stop now...

Respected Contributor

I still call her Cricket!  Refuse to call her Chris!

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Seriously... never a mention of 'has anyone told Chris' when Mr. Shag-Natsy was MIA... And Fen is barely mentioned anymore, though bringing him back might have been more reasonable since at least most of us actually remember him and he'd probably appear more age-appropriate...

If they would't randomly age up people we wouldn't have all these un-age-appropriate people.  For example, I was reading where Nick's character was born about 1988 so he should only be 29 instead of 40 something!  But I do really feel that this actor they've cast as Scott looks much older than he should be.

Also, what is the deal with the show just sending kids away like Reed.  That made no sense.

Respected Contributor

I think Jessica was married to John Abbott at the time of the AIDS treatment & he stepped aside & graciously divorced her so she could marry Cricket's (& Scott's) father & I guess make Cricket legitimate before Jessica died, or something!  It's been so long ago!