Trusted Contributor

Re: Will Trent premiere on ABC

[ Edited ]

I'm really enjoying this series! I look forward to seeing more new episodes and hope it's renewed!

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 .... To be honest, I think I've lost my ability to tolerate any type of police or detective shows.  Plus, it was a little too much in my face from the start.  Can't handle the graphic language and scenes.

That's just me....I think I've become more of a Hallmark Ch. person.  ha! Cat LOL

@kindred cats  Can't say I'm necessarily a Hallmark fan, though I am tuned there and to others of the same ilk more than in the past, but I completely agree that I'm tired of the endless police procedurals, especially as they're currently formulated, that are endlessly offered by the once major networks. They don't appear capable of coming up with original concepts very often. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 .... To be honest, I think I've lost my ability to tolerate any type of police or detective shows.  Plus, it was a little too much in my face from the start.  Can't handle the graphic language and scenes.

That's just me....I think I've become more of a Hallmark Ch. person.  ha! Cat LOL

@kindred cats 

Your comment reminded me of times when we'd visit my grandparents.  They went through the Depression, and life was hard. 

My grandfather's favorite TV show was The Lawrence Welk Show.  It was nice music, attractive people, all lightness and beauty.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 ... OMG, you sure made me ROFL...Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

I really like the character development of the humans, but am not crazy about the dog.  Not sure what breed it should be, but I don't think it's the right choice. 

Betty just isn't as charismatic as Eddie was on Frasier.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like this series..I find there is a good storyline among the characters. I like Betty and find her personality to be  fun. I hope they renew this series.

I do like the crime dramas on TV. The comedies have disappeared because they are not funny like they use to be.. The reality shows are just not interesting and the fighting gets old.

Honored Contributor

I'm probably the odd one out, but after a promising pilot, the show hasn't lived up to my expectations and I've stopped watching. This series doesn't feel like Karin Slaughter to me. I'd rather read her books. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the show and the characters. The dog is a cutie! Police/crime shows are not my preferred genre of entertainment, although I did watch the original Law & Order back in the 90s. I saw a commercial for Will Trent, then read a bit more about it, and that encouraged me to give it a try. 

Honored Contributor

I like the show.  I did not grow up with pets in the house and with our work schedules inside pets were not a wise choice for our household.  I pay very little attention to the dog in this show.

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I'm probably the odd one out, but after a promising pilot, the show hasn't lived up to my expectations and I've stopped watching. This series doesn't feel like Karin Slaughter to me. I'd rather read her books. 

I agree. Not the Will Trent she wrote about for me.