Honored Contributor

Re: Who watched Golden Bachelor wedding tonight?

[ Edited ]

I thought it was too drawn out. The ceremony was brief and the rest was filler. I can't take all the crying by Gerry, it's too much. 

Super Contributor

I'm just not a Gerry fan, so inauthentic to me.  I'd said the "losers" are the winners here.

Valued Contributor

I wasn't a fan of Theresa's dress. I don't know if the straps were supposed to be down the whole time or they just slipped. The shape of  her dress reminded me of a mermaid look.

Valued Contributor

I thought it was about an hour too long.  Everything was overdone.  I wish them well but I have my doubts. The older women acting like 20 year olds was too much for me.  A simple ceremony would have sufficed.  There was too much made of this whole thing. JMO

Respected Contributor

I watched some of it on mute on a treadmill at the gym. Couple questions 

I saw her dress shopping - did she end up wearing white? 
Who was the man with cowboy hat and feather earrings who proposed?

The bachelorette party with lingerie photo shoot was classless, IMO

Respected Contributor

Wish the couple happiness. I agree the 2 hours was 1 hour toooooo long. Felt the long veil and hair dragged her face down. Maybe a veil that sits on back of head vs. hanging around the face would have been better. Her daughter is attractive.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't get the fascination with ridiculously phony "reality" shows.   Other than commercials touting this show, i would never bring myself to watch something like this.  From the pictures and snippets of him, I saw PHONY to the max.

Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat , he had been on a previous season of the Bachelorette and then on Bachelor in Paradise.  Very unlikeable on the Bachelorette, basically given the villain role, but more likable on Bachelor in Paradise.  I believe the girl is the singer Barbara Mandrell's niece and had been a contestant on a season of the Bachelor.  All of the guests interviewed were past Bachelor/Bachelorette people.

Agree about the Bachelorette party.  That was ridiculous.

I am so surprised to see how genuinely happy the kids seem to be.  

Frequent Contributor

I didn't like her veil either.  The sides of her hair  pulled back with some flowers would have been more attractive for her age.  I did love her gown and she had the figure for it.  I don't usually watch the Bachelor/Bachlerette shows but enjoyed this one as the women seem genuine and really enjoyed and supported each other.  Not the cat fights/crying with the younger set.

Trusted Contributor

@piperbay wrote:

I wasn't a fan of Theresa's dress. I don't know if the straps were supposed to be down the whole time or they just slipped. The shape of  her dress reminded me of a mermaid look.

I haven't watched yet but read on People one of her straps broke.