Regular Contributor

When game shows and soaps go into reruns

When this happens it would be cool if they could show reruns of really old shows. I could sit thru Price is Right from way way back in the day when it was a half hour show.  They could air 2 episodes of that to fill the hour.  Would love to see real old Young and Restless from back in the 70's. I can hope but know it won't happen.

Honored Contributor

Re: When game shows and soaps go into reruns

Maybe they could bring back Dark Shadows.  That was my original Soap way back when.

Honored Contributor

BUZZR runs old game shows, primarily from the 70s and 80s.  It used to run really old game shows from the 50s and 60s, like What's My Line and To Tell The Truth, but doesn't seem to do that any more.  It was fun - they'd even include commercials that ran originally with the show.  The best ones that air now are Password and Concentration.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Young and the Restless rerun today was Nicki and Victor’s first (I think) wedding. 

Honored Contributor

I just bought the whole complete series of Columbo from walmart

all the episodes over 7 seasons and all the made for TV movies think they were 24 .

My husband can't stand him hahahahha

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess

Dark Shadows airs on the Decades channel at midnight. I know that because, when I tune in to see Family, I'm just in time to hear, "Dark Shadows is a Dan Curtis production" lol.

And I do like the idea of networks airing their older game shows, though I doubt they would. We don't get GSN or BUZZR, and I'm disappointed about that.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

@nekodaisy 

Juat caught the end of The Price Is Right today. One of the final showcase prizes was a trip to China. I wonder how long ago that was taped? 

Honored Contributor

DOOL will not be any reruns, they have filmed into Sept already. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
@Icegoddess

Dark Shadows airs on the Decades channel at midnight. I know that because, when I tune in to see Family, I'm just in time to hear, "Dark Shadows is a Dan Curtis production" lol.

And I do like the idea of networks airing their older game shows, though I doubt they would. We don't get GSN or BUZZR, and I'm disappointed about that.

@Moonlady I don't think I get that channel.  I have DirecTV.  Did a search for it and only found the movie.

Contributor

Hahaha. Columbo is my favorite insomniac show.  Your husband doesn't know what he is missing!!