Contributor

Re: What Movie Scared You When You Watched It…

To this day thinking of the movie Don't Be Afraid of the Dark creeps me out.  Wikipedia says it was a TV movie made in 1973. There are little creatures that terrorize a woman and ultimately drag off her into the basement. Creepy!

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

I saw The Birds when I was older so Not so scary for me.  Stupid Ending. if you ask me.  She SCREAMS at the drop of a hat throughout the Whole movie until Her Life is in immediate peril then ... NOT A PEEP.  THEN, as the birds watch,  they make a daring break for the getaway car and manage to escape that bird infested horror IN A CONVERTIBLE WITH THE TOP DOWN!  Why didn't they just drive away in the first place?

@candys mine   GMTA.....Glad I am not alone.

The some of the birds were so fake, you could actually see the strings on some of them.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I know the movie It was mentioned, but when I see a clown I think of that movie.

Honored Contributor

The Birds and Rosemary's Baby, which I was NOT supposed to watch but I a babysitting and thought why not...scared me to death, mom was right, ha, ha.

Honored Contributor

The Spiral Staircase. When I saw how insane the murderer was, he really scared me. 

My BFF and I saw a lot of movies in our youth. I remember one we were watching in a theater-a guy's face was bandaged, almost completely and when she saw him, BAM! She ran out of the theater. I ran after her-what's wrong? What happened?? She just said she can't look at a bandaged face. Terrified her. No reason, just one of those things.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  wrote:

THE THING (1982) ...starring Kurt Russell

The original 1951 version scared the heck out of me!

Esteemed Contributor

Silence of the Lambs....I was so tense after watching it that, when my husband and I got home from the theater, I had to do a few laps around our neighborhood just to loosen up a little...excellent movie and cast...creepy as hell!

Does anyone remember when it swept all the major Oscar categories that year and Billy Crystal was the host....They rolled him out on a dolly wearing the Hannibal Lecter mask and  everyone went into  hysterics...He was great throughout the entire night and the best host ever!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~