Honored Contributor

What Are Your Thoughts of the "Fall Finale" That Will Be Happening Soon?

Within the next few weeks many of our favorite shows will go off for 1 to 2 months due to what is called "The Fall Finale".

I just read a few articles on the internet why it is a good idea.  Most articles have no issue with this.

It started me thinking/wondering what you (my fellow TV watchers) think of this?  

Honored Contributor

Re: What Are Your Thoughts of the "Fall Finale" That Will Be Happening Soon?

I hate it every year.  I don't understand why they do it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like it.  Seems like these shows are off more than they are on.  This "Fall Finale" is just another way of the networks making fewer episodes each year.  I remember when the TV season started in September and ran through June, and we only had repeats in July and August.  .   

Honored Contributor

Here are some of the reasons I read on why it's done.  Of course they can introduce new shows.  It's like running in a horse race when you have two really good horses that might win.  

The actors can put more shows (in the can) so they can end filming earlier.  They get off for the Christmas season.  If it's finished earlier, they can go off and do other projects.

Also, it gives the networks a chance to see if the public might like a show they initially didn't want to place in golden FALL season, but they think this show might have a chance.

I also remember when it started in September and ended in May.  Every week was a new episode.  Most producers will say everything is more expensive today so that is next to impossible to keep up.  It's pretty much acceptable to say that a regular TV show takes 8 days (at least) to film.  With some of these shows it probably even takes a little longer.

We, the viewers demand better story lines, more believable action and just a better all around show.  

I have always choked when I read that the executives, producers and advertisers go for the 20-35 age range as far as their audience.  That's a laugh.  These days those are the people with the least amount of money.  Many are drowning in college debt and some live at home.  Yet they continue to try (key word try) to appeal to this age range.

Anyway, getting off subject.  Some really good shows have come about during the Fall break, but we still have a time period when we have to watch re-runs.  That's when I turn to DVR.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I don't like it.  Seems like these shows are off more than they are on.  This "Fall Finale" is just another way of the networks making fewer episodes each year.  I remember when the TV season started in September and ran through June, and we only had repeats in July and August.  .   

Yes me too, but that was back when there were only 3 channels.  Not saying it was bad or good.