Honored Contributor

I'm not sure if writers are still on strike (hasn't been in the news) or everything on TV is just repeats.

I mostly miss Fallon and Colbert. I record them to watch the following day.

Respected Contributor

The WGA strike continues today.  I've walked by picket lines at several locations recently.

The DGA just renegotiated a contract and SAG-AFTRA talks are said to be very productive in order to avoid a strike.  If they settle, I imagine the WGA would settle shortly on similar terms.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

The Writer's strike is still ongoing, negotiations have failed, it's on our local news station daily.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   The writers strike continues and now there are other groups threatening strikes as well.

Respected Contributor

I hope they settle this soon. Bad enough there is nothing on right now but to delay it going into the fall would be ridiculous Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

well...I fall asleep faster at least as the late night stale ,repeated news & comedy are leftovers from months ago ! I do hope they can come to fair agreements soon.

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

The WGA strike continues today.  I've walked by picket lines at several locations recently.

The DGA just renegotiated a contract and SAG-AFTRA talks are said to be very productive in order to avoid a strike.  If they settle, I imagine the WGA would settle shortly on similar terms.

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

Are you in SoCal?   

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm not sure if writers are still on strike (hasn't been in the news) or everything on TV is just repeats.

I mostly miss Fallon and Colbert. I record them to watch the following day.

@Shanus 

Yes, the picket lines are still at the entrance of every studio. 

Interestingly, a new wrinkle ... people driving by see the picketers and beep their horns like crazy, to offer support.  Now there are a few official-looking signs warning that "excessive car horn noise" will be ticketed. 

I guess the studios' neighbors are tired of the car horns, no matter how much they support the writers.   Can you blame them?  lol

Respected Contributor

I am in NYC, Manhattan. 

There are pickets periodically at NBC in Rockefeller Center, Netflix headquarters,  HBO headquarters and Amazon offices.

I think there are other picket locations at studios in Brooklyn.

Honored Contributor

It's my impression that many writers have been on strike since the mid-90s.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~