Honored Contributor

UGH! So Many Repeats this Time Of Year!

All of these shows (so many of them) are repeats this time of the year. There is nothing good on.

Honored Contributor

Re: UGH! So Many Repeats this Time Of Year!

It's even more painful than watching re-runs on TV .... I've been watching a lot less.

BTW ... how are you doing?

Respected Contributor

I hate the month of December.

Esteemed Contributor

It's as bad as the summer! No need to be this long of a hiatus, I enjoy unwinding in front of the tv in the evening.

Honored Contributor

Elementary just started their new season a few weeks ago - love that show. And The Newsroom on HBO just started - truly one of the best series ever IMO. Have you seen it?

Honored Contributor

I used to always watch Elementary, but I only like Lucy Liu. I never got into the Newsroom. I have been busy clearing out my DVR and catching up on some of my favorite shows.

Regular Contributor

Uverse had a four-day preview of their most expensive package over Thanksgiving. I DVR'd about twelve movies that I'll watch on days when there's reruns or nothing interesting on.

Super Contributor

On 12/2/2014 colliegirls said:

It's as bad as the summer! No need to be this long of a hiatus, I enjoy unwinding in front of the tv in the evening.

December TV is traditionally the month of Holiday Specials and football playoffs, etc. so regular programming takes a backseat. They also realize many people entertain and/or attend events now so aren't home watching first run programming.

The actors on traditional Fall through May schedules aren't on hiatus (wish they were) but are busy filming right up to Christmas so they'll have new shows that can run through February and May Sweeps.

Honored Contributor

Yes, others of you would know better but I read where even the most simple show takes at least 8 days to make 1 hour of a show.

I think (at least I do) forget just how professional and believable TV shows are done now. Looking back at some of the acting and the places, etc from the past, it makes me realize how well done they are these days.

I can see how it takes longer and longer for the shots to be put on air.

Respected Contributor

I found ION yesterday. Similar to Hallmark in that they have Christmas movies they actually produce. Watched a bunch yesterday. Not quite as good as Hallmark, but hey, they were new!