Honored Contributor

Sammy is going to pay off someone with his inheritance to save the guy he loves who is in prison. I hope he doesn't give away the entire 5 million. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed season one, pretty much.  It seemed like a good show.  

I don't know what happened - if it was just me or the show, but I ended up dropping in on the second episode of season two.

For those still watching - I hope you are enjoying the show.   It might just be me because I think I dropped about four shows in a week's time, a few weeks back.   Sometimes I will just get 'I cannot watch another second' and I'm out.

I don't think this show was that bad.   For some reason the show and I were no longer compatible.    I felt like it was going to be Bassam in the desert for the whole season or something with, maybe, a  reconciliation with his family at the end.  

Honored Contributor

I hear you, but it hasn't been Bassam in the desert all season and I don't see a family reconcilliation anytime soon, if at all. Now he's actively involved organizing a resistance. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I sure hope they pick up the pace a bit. 

For some reason, while I was recording, there was some sort of a blip so, while I gathered Uncle Tariq is no longer with us, I did not see how he died.  Can someone fill me in?

Respected Contributor

@Gooday wrote:

For some reason, while I was recording, there was some sort of a blip so, while I gathered Uncle Tariq is no longer with us, I did not see how he died.  Can someone fill me in?

Jamal blamed Tariq for the whole Chinese situation and killed him in the President's office using the gold oil derrick that was on his desk. He hit him over the head several times...it was really gruesome.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

According to the FX channels official Tyrant website Nusrat is pregnant with her husbands child. This would seem to be confirmed by the fact that she did not turn up pregnant within a month or so after the wedding and the rape. She even refused to sleep with her husband for quite awhile due to the rape trauma so it would be obvious that he couldn't be the father if she showed up pregnant so quickly.  Plus the fact that Jamal and his wife are shown in season 1 wondering when they will finally be grandparents a few months after the wedding.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/tyrant/cast-crew/tyrant-sibylla-deen

I thought Jamal raped Nusrat with his fingers before the wedding?  Didn't he say someting about making sure she was still a virgin?  Either way, he's an awful man.

Respected Contributor

The casting for this show is good except for Jamal's legitimate son.  Everytime I see him, I just cannot believe he could be the son of Lelila and Jamal.  The new son seems like he belongs on the cast. 

Respected Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

@Gooday wrote:

Jamal blamed Tariq for the whole Chinese situation and killed him in the President's office using the gold oil derrick that was on his desk. He hit him over the head several times...it was really gruesome.

lainey ~ thank you very much for the explanation.  Uncle Tariq really needed to go but....yikes!

Respected Contributor

Re: Tyrant season 2

[ Edited ]

I wonder if Jamal's older son will turn out to be a good or a bad guy?  He seems to be a decent man with scruples, but power can corrupt.  He's a good looking guy, those dark eyes are intense!

ETA:  He seems to know mercenaries in other countries to call on! 

Honored Contributor

I am actually liking the show more as it goes along.  I was surprised that the show got renewed.  I don't care for the lawyer that Bassam's (sp) wife is sleeping with and I was kind of surprised that she just resumed a new life so quickly.  As for Sammy, I never did care for him.  

I have a bad feeling about the wife of the King's son.  She lost the baby and can have no more.  There goes the family line.  How about when she made the comment about "the baby was keeping her alive" and her husband did not understand.  She will either end up getting killed off because she cannot produce heirs or she will leave him.  I think he really loves her but I think she was just tolerating him because of the baby.  

There are a lot of interesting subplots.

I am unsure about the "new" son.  I think he will probably be corrupt as well.  Or maybe he will end up over throwing the King.  Who knows?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin