Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 4 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom  and everyone:

Madison's doctor- Dr. Mason-is he going to be a newer version of Dr. K??

He is already advising Madison about the father of the babies (although he apparently hasn't met Kevin yet).

I'm not sure why it started with Dr. Mason and his daughter with the horse?   Will Sadie have a bigger role??

I was shocked to see what Kevin said to Randall-about ruining his (Kevin's) life when they brought Randall home.

It was beyond cruel-if he said it as a kid, that would be different.

But a grown man talking like that???  Sad.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 4 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@Cakers3 I haven't cared for Kevin all along and this didn't change my mind at all.  He is so egotistical.  I am sure he was jealous of Randall through their whole childhood.  I think everything Randall said to Kevin was right on, even though it was hurtful.  

I don't think that Madison and Kevin will end up together.  Perhaps Dr. Mason and she will end up together.  They didn't show a wife or mother for Sadie.  Perhaps Kevin will end up with Cassidy if she is pregnant.  I hope Sophie is stupid enough to leave her husband for Kevin.  That billboard said it all about Kevin.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Cakers3 I haven't cared for Kevin all along and this didn't change my mind at all.  He is so egotistical.  I am sure he was jealous of Randall through their whole childhood.  I think everything Randall said to Kevin was right on, even though it was hurtful.  

I don't think that Madison and Kevin will end up together.  Perhaps Dr. Mason and she will end up together.  They didn't show a wife or mother for Sadie.  Perhaps Kevin will end up with Cassidy if she is pregnant.  I hope Sophie is stupid enough to leave her husband for Kevin.  That billboard said it all about Kevin.

@tends2dogs   I agree about Kevin.  I have to give him credit for the future when he built the house Jack had envisioned and of course caring for Rebecca in her last days.

But I just cannot get over what he said to Randall.  Randall has his ways but he's right-try anything to help Rebecca.

I don't see Kevin with Madison, either.  She's another one who annoys me-the constant yapping to Kate about sleeping with Kevin.  Deep inside I think Madison does things to Kate to intentionally hurt her.

Cassidy is interesting-I was surprised to see her show up at the end.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 I'm glad I am not the only one with this opinion.  Most seem to think that Kevin is deep down a good guy and maybe he will turn himself around.........but he hasn't yet.  

Yea, all of a sudden they portray Madison as this meek, shy girl.  She was first portrayed as kind of a nut case.......and now she isn't?

Kevin sleeping with Cassady didn't help her family or personal situation and maybe she ended up getting a divorce.  That would be a sad coupling.......Kevin with his problems and Cassidy with hers.  He sure picks em doesn't he?

Sophie is the only one without major problems.  

And we shall see.......Woman Wink.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs   I think it's going to take Kevin being a father to "get" Randall-seems they will reconcile in that last scene but that remark was just so wrong. 

There is Randall, trying to do the best for his mom, and there's Kevin throwing it in his face that he was "brought home" -like a stray dog.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3  And in a couple of episodes he kept throwing out the fact that he was paying for everything.  Big whoop!  Posing in that cologne picture.........hard work......LOL.  Oh well, he must be a good actor to generate such strong feelings.....Randall, too.  

Thanks for the conversation. Woman Very Happy  It is a nice little diversion. 

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@tends2dogs   I think it's going to take Kevin being a father to "get" Randall-seems they will reconcile in that last scene but that remark was just so wrong. 

There is Randall, trying to do the best for his mom, and there's Kevin throwing it in his face that he was "brought home" -like a stray dog.

@Cakers3and @tends2dogs   let's not forget the unforgiveable line that Randall shot out first.....Dad died ashamed of you.  Randall is not the saint you are making him out to be.  Kevin has been trying to turn his life around, and I do think he is doing a good job.....and no he is not perfect.  Randall seems to be spiraling downward more and more each week.  He need to get his own life/problems in order before he tries to control the lives of other adults.  And that babying crying to his mom was just pitiful.  He is a grown man, not a baby.  He needs to work out his own issues.  This does not take away from Sterlings performance....he nailed it again.

I will say I was glad the writers did not make the fight between them physical. 

I'm crushed that the creator is still saying only two more seasons.  This show just keeps getting better and better. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Travone   Actually I do not make Randall out to be a saint. 

I feel, however, that telling somebody the worst day was when a sibling was brought home-Randall had nobody.  If the Pearson's had not taken him his life most likely would have been one of foster care since AA babies would have been less likely to be adopted.

Like Jack had said one time to Randall "I don't see color when I look at you".  Randall replied "Then you don't see me".

I just see Randall who is so brilliant making his way; forgiving Rebecca for keeping his bio dad away an realizing what he had with her.

Kevin "gets it" in the future but right now it's more about giving things and Hollywood scenes to Rebecca-where Randall gives to her from the heart.

That's how I view the two brothers.

Interesting how we all view the characters in our own way.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Show me a family where some member hasn't spoken the unspeakable but been forgiven and forgotten to carry on with love. I think this will be true with Randall and Kevin. There are no time machines in real life , but love of family unity is real.

I love this show.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Interesting how we all view the characters in our own way.Smiley Happy

@Cakers3I agree about how we all view this show differently, but we all love it.  That is what makes a good show.  I'm happy this is a nice diversion from the daily and we can discuss and disagree and still be respectful.  I'm going to have to start streaming the old shows.  It will be interesting to see what "clues" we missed from the first few seasons.  Stay safe!!