Trusted Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@beach-mom wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@mishka14

I just snuck a view at the show will re watch later with hubbie, I think Jack cigarette burned down Migels house, he might of passed out or fallen asleep with a lit cigarette

@I am still oxox - Had we not seen the "Pearson" name on the mailbox, this could have been a possibility. But I don't think it was Miguel's house. 

when she was driving in the car, without Jack,  there was a plastic envelope on the front seat, it looked like some of Jack's things inside, like she would get from the hospital where he may have died??????   so confused....I thought he was going back to their house with her in the car... I hate the way this ended.....it better clear things up next week....

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@mishka14 wrote:

when she was driving in the car, without Jack,  there was a plastic envelope on the front seat, it looked like some of Jack's things inside, like she would get from the hospital where he may have died??????   so confused....I thought he was going back to their house with her in the car... I hate the way this ended.....it better clear things up next week....

@mishka14

From what I read, it will be all season before things a cleared up.

It did seem Jack got in the car and the next thing we knew he was dead.  We have no idea how much time passes.

Did Jack die in a fire trying to save Kate's dog?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Things I loved (and you regulars may remember I was down on the show for its last few episodes of last season) or mostly loved:

That Kate the audition all about her weight and they showed it's in her mind, it was all about her voice; that other singer was terrific

The Kevin/Kate stuff.  Toby needs to grow up, if you love someone you respect and aren't jealous of their siblings.  Especially a twin.  Good people don't do that.  Still can't stand the character or the actor.  But not everyone is a good person and that's how I look at it.

Randall and his wife, the whole adoption thing, the scene in the park, it felt genuine not contrived ( as opposed to William's saintliness).  

Kevin/Sophie and her mother's MS, also didn't feel contrived, the way it was written was organic.

Kevin buying out the restaurant.  Toby not being able to get into his car (haha!).

And of course Rebecca's reaching out to Jack.  That melted me.

I hope they stick to organic stuff like this and as the seaso goes on they don't take the cheesy road they always take with Willliam.

@LoriLori, I loved the scene where Randall was talking to his mother Rebecca of how he came to be adopted. She told him his father pushed and he became their son. I  loved that Beth had the book of poems bound in leather for Randall. I get the feeling Jack died maybe a couple of months after going back to the house with Rebecca. I don't deal with alcoholism in my life, it had to be so hard for Jack to hide it from Rebecca and that no one, kids, friends, and wife had no idea.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom@Jordan2@lulu2@mishka14@I am still oxox

I thought Jack's alcoholism had been known at the beginning of season 1?

At first, I thought I was really going to resent new "discord" between the characters this season. Instead, because of the ingenious writing, I teared up once or twice, and that surprises me. But, it seems to happen every time.

I am left feeling like I want to know more about the characters and can't wait for the next episode.

I was not wild about the fact the Randall's wife seemed obstinate about adopting. We'll see.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@mishka14 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@mishka14

I just snuck a view at the show will re watch later with hubbie, I think Jack cigarette burned down Migels house, he might of passed out or fallen asleep with a lit cigarette

@I am still oxox - Had we not seen the "Pearson" name on the mailbox, this could have been a possibility. But I don't think it was Miguel's house. 

That was the second time she was seen in the car.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I figured the envelope on the seat was from the hospital where he died.  Maybe the fire was days earlier and he was hospitalized.  I couldn't read the mailbox, but if that was their house, which I guess it was, I like the idea that everyone got out safely and he went back in to save the dog.  (Sorry, forgot who said that above :-) 

Honored Contributor

The house mailbox clearly said Pearson. It was Jack's personal belongings on the seat in the car.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking the kids were in Miguel's house at the end, and maybe the red haired girl is Miguel's daughter.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@mishka14 wrote:

@mishka14

From what I read, it will be all season before things a cleared up.

It did seem Jack got in the car and the next thing we knew he was dead.  We have no idea how much time passes.

Did Jack die in a fire trying to save Kate's dog?

@lulu2 - You might be on to something! Dan Fogelman did say the clues were there, and Kate WAS holding a dog and she blames herself. But that doesn't explain why Jack's things in the "evidence" or hospital bag looked like they were in good condition, especially the notebook. If they were with him and he died of smoke inhalation in a fire, why weren't they damaged more? And why was the notebook fine? I could say he left them in the car, but why would he take off his ring and watch?

I thought maybe he went into a rehab center and something went wrong, and Rebecca might be coming from there. But why would she be wearing her Steelers jersey?

So many questions! @lulu2 - I too heard they are going to follow this most of the season, but we would definitely know what happened before the end of the season. And apparently we will know how The Big Three reacted to all this in the first 3 episodes. But I don't think we'll get a lot of answers next week. They say the answers they give us will lead to more questions - great! Smiley Frustrated

But remember, nothing in "This is Us land" is always as it seems. They could throw us some curveballs! 

And why is Kevin's cast one of the clues? 

Someone on another site speculated the red-haired girl might be Randall's girlfriend. It could be Miguel's daughter, but remember in Season 1, his children were toddlers before Rebecca got pregnant, so I think they might be a little older. 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@beach-mom@Jordan2@lulu2@mishka14@I am still oxox

I thought Jack's alcoholism had been known at the beginning of season 1?

At first, I thought I was really going to resent new "discord" between the characters this season. Instead, because of the ingenious writing, I teared up once or twice, and that surprises me. But, it seems to happen every time.

I am left feeling like I want to know more about the characters and can't wait for the next episode.

I was not wild about the fact the Randall's wife seemed obstinate about adopting. We'll see.

"I am left feeling like I want to know more about the characters and can't wait for the next episode."

@LTT1 -  Me too! That's what they want! Smiley Wink

We have known about Jack's alcoholism since Season 1 - Episode 2 ("The Big Three"). 

Milo has STRONGLY hinted that Jack's death will have something to do with his being an alcoholic.