Honored Contributor

This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

Hi everyone!  Here we go!

This is a forum for spoilers for upcoming episodes, and to speculate about what we think might happen.

Thanks to everyone on the "older" forum for your input and your opinions!

I posted everything I've found out so far on the older one. The main thing is to pay attention to the very end of tonight's show. And for all those wondering about Jack's demise (I"m one), we will get "a piece of the puzzle" tonight, but we won't know exactly. Also, I'm getting the sense it's somehow tied in to Jack's childhood - could it be something like his father and/or mother was in danger and Jack tried to save him (them) - maybe a burning house? It will be something dramatic and something that will break our hearts. Something we won't see coming. Maybe something else having to do with his father? Maybe his father threatens to kill himself, Jack rushes over and tries to stop him, and the gun goes off? I know I'm reaching!

Busy day today, and I have a meeting tonight. I'm actually leaving my meeting early! And I think tonight's show is opposite Valerie Parr Hill's show too! I will have the DVR going for that! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

posted this on the OLD thread......

maybe jack is killed trying to save his MOTHER from his FATHER...

at this point i am sticking with that theory. i will not be around for the first episode, but will watch it within the next few days. TRIVIA NIGHT and happy hour. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: This is Us TV Show, Season 2 SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

Thanks for the reminder I am recording this.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband mentioned that Jack might be a victim of abuse?

Respected Contributor

I just wanted to thank you for not putting any spoilers in the first line. I can always read the first sentence or two of a thread without opening it so very often will see spoiler in the title and then immediately what happened, LOL. Yes, I could probably change my settings but the font size works for me and I just know I'm taking my chances when I come to the forums. I'm never home on Tuesday nights, so will probably watch on demand.

Honored Contributor

Milo V is on Fallon tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Waving To @beach-mom & Everyone!

Just got home a short while ago and am in the process of getting settled....just had to check in for the new thread... I'm getting ready to pour myself a nice soothing glass of red wine and then curl up with the opening episode.

Where will this new Season take us?...speculation...speculation...speculation...lol

Love It!!

added note:...Just had to share that my husband is in another room watching Season 1 episodes....He started watching it this past weekend and had shown no interest whatsoever last Fall when it premiered and now, just when Season 2 is about to start, I am witnessing a total transformation....It may have something to do with the fact that all I've been blabbering about is the premiere of Season 2...lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom-

I've been watching half Valerie and half this!

I turned away for a second and thought I heard Kate say, we have to bring Dad home?

Then I saw the burned house and Mandy Moore beating the steering wheel.

What did Kate say?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Nothing in the season 2 opener struck me as outstanding television. I was happy at the end when she told him to get in the car because they can work as a couple to get Jack's drinking under control.

Honored Contributor

WOW, WOW, WOW! We did get a huge piece of the puzzle at the end tonight!

@sunshine45 - You may have something. We know there was a fire, but what else? Why was Jack there? And why does Kate blame herself?

@sissel - YW!

@magicmoodz - I think your husband is going in the right direction. If Jack's younger years played into the cause of his death, abuse may play a huge part, especially since his dad was an alcoholic.

@tucsongal - YW! Spoilers and speculation here!

@Shelbelle - It will be interesting to see what he says. He can't say much of course, but we all now know there was a fire!

@MyShadowLove - Glad you got settled in! I raced out the door as soon as my meeting was over and made it home with a glass of sweet tea just in time. I'll pay for the tea tomorrow, but it's worth it! That's so great your DH is interested! He'll be able to catch up and watch it with you! (Mine watches only sports, Discovery, Animal Planet, and once in a while Food Network. He used to watch 24, but it's hard for him to commit to anything regular with his schedule. I've told him about this, and we can watch it on demand together, but so far he's not interested. Smiley Sad)

@on the bay - At least you got to see Valerie! I DVR'ed both shows today, but I'm sure most items will be gone. Oh, well. I thought at the end Kate said she had to tell "Kev," something like "We have to get to Kev. I have to be the one to tell him." I was hoping DD would set the recorder, especially if I did get tied up and didn't make it home in time - but of course she didn't! I asked her earlier, but she "forgot"! I didn't know that until the end, when I wanted to rewind it!

@AuntG - I'm sure some others will agree with you, and we all feel a certain way about this show. I'm one of the ones who think it's really special, and I thought tonight was outstanding! Smiley Happy