Respected Contributor

@cjm61 Thanks for sharing that story, it is just amazing!

Valued Contributor

I went to a Theresa event, she was very good at reading people. We were never asked anything prior to the show. 

Some people have the special gift.. Both my daughter and I had a few very powerful and unexpected premonitons.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom ..........Proved how and by who?  I am interested.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Actually, I wouldn't call it a "gift", but I don't want to start a firestorm, so I'll just leave that alone, other than she seems like a nice person.  But - the hair.  It was over the top before and now it's just ridiculous. 

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@KingstonMom ..........Proved how and by who?  I am interested.

Theresa Caputo been offered millions of dollars to prove her "gift," but she won't budge. "I will never prove or defend my gift," she told the Des Moines Register. So the question remains — is Caputo actually a medium, or is she exploiting the grief (and checkbooks) of others for her own personal gain? We've compiled all the reasons why skeptics say the Long Island Medium is fake.

The article goes on as to the reasons with a link, which I'm not allowed to post in here, I don't think.    

All you have to do is Google if she's ever proven by challenge, if she's a real medium and she has never done that.

I don't know if you can post a link here to a scientific  article, so in lieu of doing that, I'll just post what you could put into the Google Address Bar: 

"Are Psychic Abilities Real? Exploring the Science of Super Powers" 

It's dated May 16, 2023 and it's backed by Scientific Discovery.   It's an interesting read and worth the time to read it.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Of course, psychics can't predict what the winning lottery numbers will be. I'm sure they all have some sort of excuse as to why that is. lol

Trusted Contributor

Ask them to send you a sign.  I'm very attached to cardinals and pennies.  When the cardinals show up, the spirit of one of my loved ones is near.  

Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

The only thing that Theresa Caputo and I have in common is that we're both of Italian origins.

You can agree or disagree, and that's your right and opinion, but here is my take on Theresa Caputo.    In my opinion,  she takes advantage of people's desperation and grief to make money.  

There are two tactics that most mediums use, and some use both.

First, the “medium” will have audience members fill out cards requesting personal information, including the names of the people they wish to contact and they have members of their team field questions from the audience prior to the show.  The information is relayed to the medium via a small earpiece.

The other, and most popular technique is “cold reading.” The medium gleans the information from the subject through the use of vague or general questions. The subject provides specific answers that the medium will repeat as mystical revelations.  With the prior information she receives from the person, she can guess things and perhaps in certain cases, her guesses will be accurate. However, that’s her operating at or below the 50% threshold that we can all operate from ourselves. She’s either right or wrong,  and that means that she's no more “psychic” than the average person walking down the street.

An acquaintance of mine had a reading from TC long before she became famous.  She was known in LI circles to do very accurate readings.  The acquaintance shared with me how TC hit upon very personal and private information about her and it did, at the time, seem genuine.  Not too long after that, TC's fame caught on and she got her first show.  I've been to several mediums and some were uncanny and some as phony as they come.  Anyway, I watched TC's show a few times and now she just strikes me as being very lucky to be able to connect to some people.  I don't believe what she does is real.  I also don't think you need Uncle John to visit you to say he's up in heaven with Aunt Jessie and all is peaceful and calm.  I would say if you want a sign from a departed loved one, ask for it and maybe it will come to you another way.  I know some people find comfort when they can resolve issues that perhaps weren't resolved when the departed were still here on earth, but I still think resolution can be dealt with in other ways and not by way of a psychic, medium or whatever you want to call them.  

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella .............Thank you for the info.  I will read it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@cjm61 - I believe every word you said.  I won't go into any of my own personal experiences here, but I know beyond doubt that their are people who have a special gift and there things beyond our understanding.

Anyone can call it what they will; just because we don't understand everything "under heaven and earth" doesn't mean it isn't real.

Having said that, I have my doubts about Theresa Caputo.  Those who I've encountered in my life, who had a gift of "sight", did not use it for financial or personal gain.  And they were also very specific; no vague comments, no questions.

Everyone will believe what he or she chooses.  I realize, until someone experiences it him or herself, minds remain unchanged.