Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead 11/29/15 (mid season finale)

Good point, @straykatz!  There really was a lot going on.  I don't know why I felt underwhelmed by it all!  I think sometimes my expectations are too high.  Never the less, I'm looking forward to when it starts up again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was sad it wan't a 90 minute show.   The young teen girl is as anoying as Lori was... She and her boyfriend should go soon.

If I never hear tip toe though the tulips again that will be OK....  Didn't mom notice how loud is was?

Honored Contributor

okay watched it last night and was a bit disappointed. Here is what I thought:

-Enid is annoying

-Not sure why they made Carol seem like a scared, nervous woman rather than the bad arse she would have been confronting Morgan. She's come way too far to revert her back to that scared, unsure Carol. She would have been strong and confronted Morgan with conviction because she knew what would have to be done, with no doubts.

-Morgan, again, is an idiot. All life matters is getting old and to hurt Carol in order to protect a known killer and who has even stated he will kill again in a heartbeat without any remorse is just too much. I hope after this, he gets banned from the group- he lied, he keeps letting known killers go and then they come back and kill more of their people, and he is now fighting the good people to protect known killers. His line of thinking just doesn't work in this new world order.

-the storyline with the boy and Carl is annoying. If I were Carl, I would have told his dad what happened, even if he said he was handling it, he should have told them. The reason why is because it is always dangerous when there is someone running around with the group who clearly has it out for some members of the group (carl and Rick). This will not end well and I hope Carl is gone after this. I think the kid who plays Carl is a terrible actor, by the way. Never did like him although the last part where he pulls a gun on the kid and demands the kid's gun was the best he's acted thusfar.

-Deanna being gone didn't affect me one way or the other but I thought it would make it a good story if she hung around awhile and we saw her character grow and to help center Rick a bit, as they lead the group together.

- I really didn't care that the wolf kidnapped the "doctor". I hope they don't spend alot of episodes on trying to rescue her. I think the wolf will use her to heal his wound and then who knows what happens after that. But I don't really care to explore that storyline too much.

-It is about time Eugene learns how to fight. I thought he was learning after he finally got some cajones and killed a few walkers but now he is the wimpy scared guy again? After all they've been through? He needs to step up or time for him to go (i.e. die). You can't expect everyone to keep you alive- you need to learn to keep yourself alive, especially after at least 2 years of this kind of world.

-The boy who stayed up in his room is annoying. Like Jason Alexander said on TD, it is time for him to go.

-The Negan guy and the Saviors scare me, lol! They said they are the worst enemies yet. Geeze! I hope Daryl stays safe!!

Why are there so many kid storylines??? I guess I am just not connecting at all to their stories and they aren't very good actors so I think that is part of the problem.

Anyway, it was a bit boring to me just because most of the cliffhanger parts had to do with people I couldn't care less about. I am most nervous about Daryl, Abraham and the other chick encounering the Saviors and then that stupid kid saying "mom" when the group is trying to circumvent the walkers to get to the guns. Oh and Maggie and Glenn. I think they will both be fine but who knows how long it will take before they will be able to reconnect.

Whew, well that is it for me, lol. I thought TD was good after this. It was interesting to see how much Tovah (i.e. "deanna") was disappointed to not be a part of the show anymore and I agreed with alot of what Jason Alexander said about the show.

Honored Contributor

Nice write-up, Happy Daze!  Smiley Happy  I cannot remember that much very well anymore so, until I saw it here, I had forgotten some things.

Agree about Morgan.   His notions are obsolete and he's already caused a lot of innocent people to die.     Carol should have killed him.   She's done it before when it had to be done.  Not sure why she didn't this time.  Maybe,  with only a knife and him having those Ninja skills, she was at a disadvantage.

I kind of hope the doctor lady makes it away from wolf boy mostly because I like that actor.  I enjoyed her in Nurse Jackie and would like to see her stay with the show.

Carl - I couldn't stand that kid for the longest time but I like him ok now.  ITA that he should have told Rick.   He NEEDS to know that somebody is trying to kill somebody in thei group, for crying out loud.

The little noisy kid, who will probably cause some deaths before they get through the walkers, is beyond annoying.   Agreed with Jason Alexander.   That was pretty funny on Talking Dead, especially when Jason got a tweet (or whatever that was) from the kid who plays the role!  Smiley Happy

I wouldn't have minded Deanna sticking around.    

I imagine that Daryl, et all, will get through that somehow.  However, I would have stayed in the vehicle and rammed the heck out of that bunch.  Why did they get out and relinquish their weapons too?  Seriously, guys?   Clearly, that bunch does not have good intentions.    That was poorly written, IMO.

Agree that Eugene needs to get with the program.  It seems like every time it comes down to it, it's a 50/50 crapshoot - he will either save the moment or cause serious damage.

Honored Contributor

I agree with so much of what @chickenbutt and @HappyDaze wrote.

Yes, the teenagers and the pre-teens are very annoying.  

I, too, was wondering why Darryl didn't try to ram through the motorcycles.  I  finally decided that the truck would not have made it and then they would immediately have been shot by the remaining guys.  

Having seen Tovah as her real self makes me wish they'd written more of her into the Deanna character.  She seems so much more a leader than even Deanna.  I wasn't sorry to see Deanna go, but I am sorry to see Tovah go.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Nice write-up, Happy Daze!  Smiley Happy  I cannot remember that much very well anymore so, until I saw it here, I had forgotten some things.

Agree about Morgan.   His notions are obsolete and he's already caused a lot of innocent people to die.     Carol should have killed him.   She's done it before when it had to be done.  Not sure why she didn't this time.  Maybe,  with only a knife and him having those Ninja skills, she was at a disadvantage.

I kind of hope the doctor lady makes it away from wolf boy mostly because I like that actor.  I enjoyed her in Nurse Jackie and would like to see her stay with the show.

Carl - I couldn't stand that kid for the longest time but I like him ok now.  ITA that he should have told Rick.   He NEEDS to know that somebody is trying to kill somebody in thei group, for crying out loud.

The little noisy kid, who will probably cause some deaths before they get through the walkers, is beyond annoying.   Agreed with Jason Alexander.   That was pretty funny on Talking Dead, especially when Jason got a tweet (or whatever that was) from the kid who plays the role!  Smiley Happy

I wouldn't have minded Deanna sticking around.    

I imagine that Daryl, et all, will get through that somehow.  However, I would have stayed in the vehicle and rammed the heck out of that bunch.  Why did they get out and relinquish their weapons too?  Seriously, guys?   Clearly, that bunch does not have good intentions.    That was poorly written, IMO.

Agree that Eugene needs to get with the program.  It seems like every time it comes down to it, it's a 50/50 crapshoot - he will either save the moment or cause serious damage.

Thanks @chickenbutt! Smiley Happy

Oh yeah I totally agree about Daryl et al.- I would have rammed them too because all they had to do was get down low and push on the gas and go, HOWEVER, remember they have a tank of fuel and those guys looked like they might have had some super high powerered guns or even rocket launchers so they are essentially driving a ticking time bomb!

HAHA yeah that tweet from the actor that plays that noisy kid was too funny! And even when Chris said they were only kidding about having him killed off, JA was shaking his head no (he was serious)! LOL!

I do like the doctor lady actor but they didn't show her enough for me to have alot invested in her yet. I am sure we will see her again but just not sure I want to see a whole episode to try to save her.

And yes, Carol should have killed Morgan. Where is Carol's guns??? Carol always carries a gun.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I agree with so much of what @chickenbutt and @HappyDaze wrote.

Yes, the teenagers and the pre-teens are very annoying.  

I, too, was wondering why Darryl didn't try to ram through the motorcycles.  I  finally decided that the truck would not have made it and then they would immediately have been shot by the remaining guys.  

Having seen Tovah as her real self makes me wish they'd written more of her into the Deanna character.  She seems so much more a leader than even Deanna.  I wasn't sorry to see Deanna go, but I am sorry to see Tovah go.

@GingerPeach oh yes, SOOO Agree with this statement! She was awesome on TD and I really liked her more.

Honored Contributor

Tovah is almost 62 years old and homegirl was doing push ups and was super limber! She is in great shape and spunky. I liked when Chris was vying for her sleeping with him when she asked who she needed to sleep with to get a flashback role on TWD, lol! I think he meant it too, lol! It was a fun show.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it was @HappyDaze

Now we'll all have to find another show we have in common so we can continue these great chats until TWD returns.   Do you think Into the Badlands is going to be that show?  As of now, I don't think so.  Anyone have any suggestions?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Yes, it was @HappyDaze

Now we'll all have to find another show we have in common so we can continue these great chats until TWD returns.   Do you think Into the Badlands is going to be that show?  As of now, I don't think so.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I still haven't gotten through the first ITB! The power went out halfway through us watching it and we just haven't had a chance to re-watch. We have them recorded and hopefully will get to them soon. I'd love to watch another show "with" you all! Smiley Happy