Esteemed Contributor

Joy had a talk show at night for a short while when she was off the view years ago. I liked the view when Barbara and the other nice ladies were on.  It was not political, but informative.

I read were Barbara has Alzheimer's?

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Joy had a talk show at night for a short while when she was off the view years ago. I liked the view when Barbara and the other nice ladies were on.  It was not political, but informative.

@qvcaddition 

Yeah, it was announced about 18 months ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Tuned into View today and, surprise!, everybody was civil and in agreement, for once!

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@qvcaddition 

Yeah, it was announced about 18 months ago.

Where was it announced ? i know there has been stories about never going out or being seen in public , but i didn't know it was validated in the press . It probably is true , but i had never seen it reported in the reputable press.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Tuned into View today and, surprise!, everybody was civil and in agreement, for once!

it DOES happen and it is not ever just once. there are a number of people on this thread and who are always on THE VIEW threads who claim they NEVER watch the show  (or stopped watching the show) because they cannot stand it or the hosts. if they are NOT watching regularly they have no idea how diverse the show is in regards to opinions and topics and what the hosts/guests say. it is an extremely informative show and i enjoy watching it daily, whether or not i agree with any particular person or not. very glad we have this type of show on the air.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I enjoyed it also , it was the only show i watched after i got home from work , and when

Megan came on , i finally had to give it  up ., like i said it had nothing to with her view , it was how she conducted herself. I am sure ABC is loving this type of fighting for ratings , but i hate it. Don't get me wrong i can see why some don't like Joy for similar reasons.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I don't even care if they are in agreement , as long as they don't act like idiots , and i mean both sides. The View is part of ABC news, not Jerry Springer as some one compared it to.

Esteemed Contributor

Missing the point of whether they are in agreement or not. It's how they handle themselves. I can usually find something I agree with or disagree on each and every one of them. The histrionics, the screeching the over talking and interrupting everyone that actually hurts my ears. They say support women , ummm no these women look like fools. I do think Sara is the best behaving one. She is too good for this show. Glad abc gave her that game show. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@patbz wrote:

it DOES happen and it is not ever just once. there are a number of people on this thread and who are always on THE VIEW threads who claim they NEVER watch the show  (or stopped watching the show) because they cannot stand it or the hosts. if they are NOT watching regularly they have no idea how diverse the show is in regards to opinions and topics and what the hosts/guests say. it is an extremely informative show and i enjoy watching it daily, whether or not i agree with any particular person or not. very glad we have this type of show on the air.

@sunshine45 

You hit the nail on the head!   How many posters say they never watch, and then state all sorts of things they couldn't possibly know unless they are watching ... it's hysterical.  

I also think some people are very threatened by any idea or concept different from theirs.   I think listening to peoples' different or opposing ideas, and how they reached those conclusions, makes us smarter and more insightful.   Maybe it even causes us to re-think what we believe to be true.

Their "spirited conversations" apparently cause ratings spikes, so I'm guessing the producers encourage them.  

Reminds me of the saying "If two people agree on absolutely everything, then one of them is unnecessary.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@sunshine45  People get on a lot of show threads and bash the shows yet they say they don't watch them. They say reality shows are trash, housewives shows are trash etc. lol