Esteemed Contributor

The Terror -- Possible Spoilers

Can anybody tell me why Edward had those gold chains hanging off of his face at the end?

@Leiloni...I wanted to start a thread here so we could talk without spoiling the show for anyone who hasn't watched yet.

To All:  Feel free to post anything related to The Terror here!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Re: The Terror -- Possible Spoilers

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Can anybody tell me why Edward had those gold chains hanging off of his face at the end?

@Leiloni...I wanted to start a thread here so we could talk without spoiling the show for anyone who hasn't watched yet.

I interpreted that as being an act of descending into madness...he went insane. It was horrific. That and watching Dr. Goodsir kill himself. 

I was confused with that very last scene with Crozier just standing there...?? Was he alive or frozen stiff?

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

I interpreted that as being an act of descending into madness...he went insane. It was horrific. That and watching Dr. Goodsir kill himself. 

I was confused with that very last seen with Crozier just standing there...?? Was he alive or frozen stiff?

I didn't get that either.  What was he doing?  You think it's a frozen image, and then there is some movement from behind him.  

I suppose the chains on Edward's face being about madness is an explanation.  

This last episode was a little confusing.  I'm disappointed, because I'm assuming this is the series finale.  So why do things like that?  Maybe they are trying to get people to buy the book?  (If so, it worked...I ordered it on Amazon last night. Smiley Very Happy )

@SilleeMee  Are you watching any other shows right now that are interesting?  Or have you seen any trailers for shows that look interesting?  I have a void to fill now that The Terror is over.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well if you like true-crime series, there is a new crime thriller documentary starting Monday the 28th May at during the same time slot. 

Suspected Female Serial Killer Pursued In Investigation Discovery Special, Dead North

https://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-newsroom/suspected-female-serial-killer-pursued-in-investi...

This one caught my eye because female serial killers are not often seen. @mistriTsquirrel
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Well if you like true-crime series, there is a new crime thriller documentary starting Monday the 28th May at during the same time slot. 

Suspected Female Serial Killer Pursued In Investigation Discovery Special, Dead North

https://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-newsroom/suspected-female-serial-killer-pursued-in-investi...

This one caught my eye because female serial killers are not often seen. @mistriTsquirrel

Oh, yeah!!  I've seen ads for that on ID.

Thanks, @SilleeMee!!

Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel MY LIPS ARE SEALED. I KNOW WHY EDWARD HAD THE CHAINS ON HIS FACE, DON'T YOU? IM NOT TELLING.....Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Leiloni wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel MY LIPS ARE SEALED. I KNOW WHY EDWARD HAD THE CHAINS ON HIS FACE, DON'T YOU? IM NOT TELLING.....Woman Wink

@Leiloni  Why not?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought about the chains on his face and another possible reason for them could have been from Hickey and his men abusing him...humiliating him and mimicking the officer's military decoration on their uniforms. It was intended for Crozier to see, no doubt.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I thought about the chains on his face and another possible reason for them could have been from Hickey and his men abusing him...humiliating him and mimicking the officer's military decoration on their uniforms. It was intended for Crozier to see, no doubt.

@SilleeMee @mistriTsquirrel  BINGO!!!!

Honored Contributor

Hi All, @mistriTsquirrel @Leiloni 

Spoil away.  I just could not get into it, and I usually am very into things of this sort.

Also, just to make sure you know, and apologies if this is redundant, you can always use the spoiler icon that will cover up whatever you want to hide unless someone actually chooses to see it by clicking on it, like this

Spoiler
BOO!  Woman LOL

You either click on the spoiler icon (the yellow one) before you start typing or you type first, then block what you want to hide, and then click on the spoiler icon.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.