Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Talk not on for a couple of days...

I think maybe it was cumulative,  not just this latest kerfuffle which I agree was overblown.

I suspect she was problematic for sometime and this may just have been seen as an opportunity by management to jettison her.

Personally I have liked the show since its inception, while strongly disliking Sharon.  But this doesn't seem like the huge outrage it's been portrayed as.

Respected Contributor

There is no consideration as to what moderators go through to patrol these boards.People get mad when they delete threads yet those same people post things that are not allowed. People want the mods to pick apart threads and only remove some posts. Yet that means the mods have to use their own discretion as to what is ok and what is not. Continue to complain about it and these boards will go away. Just follow the rules. 

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

On an ABC news show they did a segment on Sharon leaving and said her lawyer negotiated a large cash settlement for her to do so.

I'm not surprised.  What shocks me is that Kelly, her daughter, hasn't made a peep.  I think there is steam coming out of her ears by now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:
-

How interesting that per my notifications this post apparently mentioned me but is now gone but seemingly not poofed... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

There is no consideration as to what moderators go through to patrol these boards.People get mad when they delete threads yet those same people post things that are not allowed. People want the mods to pick apart threads and only remove some posts. Yet that means the mods have to use their own discretion as to what is ok and what is not. Continue to complain about it and these boards will go away. Just follow the rules. 

@Lali1  Often in sync, but this time, we'll have to agree to disagree, at least in part, though I'm curious what prompted your post. Moderators are paid to moderate and I guess I'd never assume it's a walk in the park, but is their chosen job. That said, one might also suggest it can be made more of a challenge not just by posters that don't 'follow rules' but by the level to which stringent moderation is deemed necessary and the strictness of interpretation of rules employed. Some would equate guidelines to a document like the constitution, which is often open to some level of interpretation...

Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Lali1  Often in sync, but this time, we'll have to agree to disagree, at least in part, though I'm curious what prompted your post. Moderators are paid to moderate and I guess I'd never assume it's a walk in the park, but it their chosen job. That said, one might also suggest it can be made more of a challenge not just by posters that don't 'follow rules' but by the level to which stringent moderation is deemed necessary and the strictness of interpretation of rules employed. Some would equate guidelines to a document like the constitution, which is often open to some level of interpretation...Smiley Wink

The same with moderation. I prefer they delete the thread rather than pick out posts they don't like because they have opinions and to me there's no way to be fair. We still agree on many things. No worries 😊 What prompted my comment was the page before this where people spoke about moderation. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Lali1  Often in sync, but this time, we'll have to agree to disagree, at least in part, though I'm curious what prompted your post. Moderators are paid to moderate and I guess I'd never assume it's a walk in the park, but it their chosen job. That said, one might also suggest it can be made more of a challenge not just by posters that don't 'follow rules' but by the level to which stringent moderation is deemed necessary and the strictness of interpretation of rules employed. Some would equate guidelines to a document like the constitution, which is often open to some level of interpretation...Smiley Wink

The same with moderation. I prefer they delete the thread rather than pick out posts they don't like because they have opinions and to me there's no way to be fair. We still agree on many things. No worries 😊 What prompted my comment was the page before this where people spoke about moderation. 

@Lali1  No worries... It appears several posts have been deleted, I know at least one of mine has been, so sometimes it's a challenge to follow the conversation, which is, in part, another argument in favor of deleting an entire thread, though I guess I'd usually prefer they didn't. In this instance, I suspect that sooner of later this entire thread will fall by the wayside too... 

Esteemed Contributor

I've read from some news article online that Sharon has been fired by CBS.  Wonder what they are going to do now? 

I'm convinced a lot of this was for ratings.  Well, for all those that watch, maybe you give the Network some suggestions as to who you'd like to see take Sharon's place.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I do not buy into anyone getting fired, that being said I won't miss Sharon. I read an article, it was a little unclear if Sharon decided to move on or CBS parted ways with her (my money is on CBS, Sharon may try to spin it like it was her decision). I can't see Sharon walking away from the money she made as a host of the show, I think the show has jumped the shark and should be canceled. I'll bet Sharon never believed she would get the axe, she wielded so much power. I guess what goes around comes around. 

@Jordan2CBS fired her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I do not buy into anyone getting fired, that being said I won't miss Sharon. I read an article, it was a little unclear if Sharon decided to move on or CBS parted ways with her (my money is on CBS, Sharon may try to spin it like it was her decision). I can't see Sharon walking away from the money she made as a host of the show, I think the show has jumped the shark and should be canceled. I'll bet Sharon never believed she would get the axe, she wielded so much power. I guess what goes around comes around. 

It is kind of ironic that she has say she is leaving , just like Marie did , but Marie was treated badly . sharon will walk away with millions , but she will have a hard time getting work if she wanted to. Marie has a clean slate , she can do anything she wishes.

Does Sharon really need to work, probably not.

The wealthy must work just like the rest of us if they want to continue to live the lifestyle that they are accustomed to.  The notion that celebrities of a certain amount of wealth don't need to work isn't necessarily true.  What with all of their mansions, hired help and such.  Of course, she will want to work.  Maybe not immediately, but whe will eventually. @sunshine 919