Respected Contributor

I stumbled across it mid-season last year and I love it!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

I like The Resident.  I like it better than some of the other medical shows.  I also like The Rookie.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the addition of Jena Duwan's (sp?) character.  Hope they get rid of her!!  I do like Jane Leeves --- loved her on Frazier!  I think shows try to introduce new characters so they can keep things new and fresh and have different plots and twists to the show.  Some work and some don't.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

My favorite show. The writing and casting are great.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Resident

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

So now there are at least three active threads currently running about this show...

I liked it last year, less so this year. Not loving the medical device rep. or that entire story line, Last time I looked, they did not have the run of the entire hospital nor were they 'dedicated' to just one facility. Not interesting and not realistic...

I like the addition of Jane Leeves but that's about it... This year sort of smacks of what was done with Code Black: Performance was marginal so TPTB opted to go out and add a bunch of new cast, which didn't save the show or make it better...

I'm not sure about how that works.  I do find it hard to believe a rep would have the run of the hospital.  However, we have a client who is a device rep and yes he does actually go into the operating room for surgeries.  Not sure what he does in there.  I also knew a woman who was a pharma rep. and she was in one dedicated hospital only.  It was a much more desirable job than being on the road and calling various offices.  She has since moved out of state and is now training new reps.

Anyhow, as far as the show goes, I feel the same way.  I really liked it last year but this year is just meh to me.  The first episode was okay but it's gotten weaker to me as the season goes on.  This may be one I dump off my weekly taping schedule.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Resident

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

So now there are at least three active threads currently running about this show...

I liked it last year, less so this year. Not loving the medical device rep. or that entire story line, Last time I looked, they did not have the run of the entire hospital nor were they 'dedicated' to just one facility. Not interesting and not realistic...

I like the addition of Jane Leeves but that's about it... This year sort of smacks of what was done with Code Black: Performance was marginal so TPTB opted to go out and add a bunch of new cast, which didn't save the show or make it better...

I'm not sure about how that works.  I do find it hard to believe a rep would have the run of the hospital.  However, we have a client who is a device rep and yes he does actually go into the operating room for surgeries.  Not sure what he does in there.  I also knew a woman who was a pharma rep. and she was in one dedicated hospital only.  It was a much more desirable job than being on the road and calling various offices.  She has since moved out of state and is now training new reps.

Anyhow, as far as the show goes, I feel the same way.  I really liked it last year but this year is just meh to me.  The first episode was okay but it's gotten weaker to me as the season goes on.  This may be one I dump off my weekly taping schedule.

@Lipstickdiva It was better last night, well, sort of... The rep. wasn't in it... That said, apparently at this large metropolitan hospital the residents need only see one patient, you know, from admission to discharge... To me, the show continues to struggle while trying to balance new cast, patient related story lines (which increasingly seem over the top and with a mandatory gore factor) and still give some reasonable air time and story lines to characters from last year... It's just sort of all over the place...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Last season was the best. But I still like this show and will continue to watch it. Last night was the Halloween show so the gore and bizarre was over the top.

BTW, the actress who plays the sales rep is Channing Tatum's ex wife.....

Valued Contributor

Great show.cant wait till march when it returns

Trusted Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

Great show.cant wait till march when it returns

Oh no did I hear wrong.  I'm sure I heard it returns in January.

Esteemed Contributor

@software Sadly, it’s the way of the world lately. 

@software wrote:

I watched the first episode.

Seems to be a lot of conflict between characters.

I don't like conflict.

I see the same thing with The Rookie.

Is this some kind of new trend?

Keepin' it real.