Esteemed Contributor

One of our boys gave us Alexa for Christmas and I am having so much fun with her.  Does anyone else have Alexa and if so, what options do you use.

Every morning I ask her to tell me a joke.

Today it was:

Q:  Why didn't the dung beetle come to the meeting.

A.  He was on duty

Honored Contributor

I use her as a timer, schedule reminder and alarm most often.  

Trusted Contributor

I make a "Favorite Songs" playlist to play my favs from Amazon Prime. Along with the normal things like weather, I have her set to let me know when a package from Amazon arrives.

Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 threads in Electronics, Alexa and New Toy, that are about Alexa.  I just love it.  I use it for reminders, it announces phone calls, and you can tell her to "Ignore" spam.  I also have the Echo Connect that calls through my landline.  I can voice call any number in my cell phone with it, (on the landline) and even call 911 if needed.  I live alone and it is a great sense of security to have it.  She plays Elvis, too!

Super Contributor
  • I use mine for timers, the weather and background sound like music or bird sounds.  Love the bird sounds because its so relaxing.  I also have the My Buddy set up so she notifies my kids in an emergency.
Honored Contributor

I use Alexa to spell words, do math that I can't do in my head, get the current temperature, determine the distance between two geographical points, turn lights off and on, play music from Amazon Music.  If somebody mentions a tune, I can instantly listen to it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: ALEXA ANYONE????

[ Edited ]

I listen to music the most with mine or weather.

I keep playing Portugal-The Man "Feel it Still".

I also use it when I go to bed & DH is still asleep in his recliner in the living room. I can tell Alexa to drop in on the living room so I can keep yelling WAKE UP. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Two of my three sons have an Alexa and they like it.  Me -- no way.  Creeps me out.  I would feel like I am being spied on all the time.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

We love our Alexa. We have 4 echo's and one dot. We gave my in laws 3 of them. We all have the app on our phones as well. They amount of communication that is easily accessible is pretty great. We use ours daily. Music, reminders, timers, and weather are the most used for us. 

We have a teenager in highschool and if we are out we can just drop in to check on him. My mil recently went through an illness and if anything ever happens when she is alone all she has to do is tell Alexa to call someone in her contact list. That is a huge peace of mind for my hubby and I. Especially since we live a few hours away.

My next purchase will be the ring door bell with Alexa. She is the best, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Okay, so I'm old but I was given Alexa by my granddaughter.  It came without directions so all I know how to do is ask Alexa to play some requested songs lol.