Honored Contributor

I really enjoy this show, and I'm  glad that Alex Guarnaschelli  will be  a part of the show permanently.  She fits in so well, and  her dishes always look really good.  I thought every dish this morning  looked delicious.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: The Kitchen

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 Haven't watched except for a couple of times recently. Is anyone leaving? Maybe Katie due to pregnancy? Or will there be 5 of them? I just love Jeff and Katie.

Edited to add: Do not like Alex, is what I meant so say. On Chopped she acts like she's better than everyone else. She wasn't that way years ago.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1   Is she taking Katie's place?  As hard as I try I can not bring myself to like Alex.  To me she emits an air of "I'm better than anyone else" and she is not.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@QVCkitty1 Haven't watched except for a couple of times recently. Is anyone leaving? Maybe Katie due to pregnancy? Or will there be 5 of them? I just love Jeff and Katie, and like Alex.

I imagine she will be on while Katie is on maternity leave, but google made it sound like she was a regular part of the group. Fingers crossed.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh  I agree with you about Alex.  I just don't enjoy her.

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@QVCkitty1   Is she taking Katie's place?  As hard as I try I can not bring myself to like Alex.  To me she emits an air of "I'm better than anyone else" and she is not.

@grandma2pkmh  It's funny how we all see things differently, to me GZ is full of himself, and annoying.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I don't feel Alex is a good fit for this group. She is too low key, the rest of them are pretty high energy (some more than others). 

Esteemed Contributor

I think Alex is an exec. producer of the show. 

I am guessing Marcela is out, at least until Katie takes time off later in the year.

Trusted Contributor

I think Alex is fine for guest once in a while. I don't think 2 Iron Chefs are necessary,I would rather see an up and coming newer Chef. Or not even a decreed  Chef like  Sonny and Valerie B. 

Honored Contributor

Oddly, I used to not like Alex too much but, over the years, I've come to like her ok.   I would be deliriously happy if Sunny left.  I cannot stomach her at all.    I do like Jeff, Katie, and GZ.

I'd be fine if Alex filled in.    Be fun to have Valerie B, maybe.  Smiley Happy   She makes me smile.