Valued Contributor

“The Killing” on TCM Film Noir was awesome

1956 (early) Stanley Kubrick with very good dialogue, cinematography, & cast. Eddie’s intro and post-movie comments were so helpful & interesting. Really glad to finally discover this one.
Valued Contributor

Re: “The Killing” on TCM Film Noir was awesome

Whoops I meant TCM Noir Alley programming. And I think the movie title might scare off some viewers
Honored Contributor

I'm glad to hear your feedback on it, @birdQ13.  As much as I love film noir, I tend to avoid the "caper" or "heist" sub-genre, or anything where gangsters predominate, really.  Usually can't watch all the way through if violence is too graphic, etc.

But you're right, of course, I'm sure Eddie was very informative and entertaining on the whole 'back story'-- I should have DVR'd!  Thanks for posting on it!

Trusted Contributor

I almost didn’t watch this wonderful noir because I thought I had seen it.    (I think I had started watching it once as a few scenes looked familiar so I probably “watched” one night when I was mostly dozing!)

I’m glad too @birdQ13 that it was on Noir Alley to get the extra Eddie Muller commentary.  @Oznell You will want to try to catch this one next time.  Another good role for Sterling Hayden.