Honored Contributor

The Great Food Truck Race 6/19 SPOILER!

I was so surprised at what Salsa did (that is her actual legal name, I had looked it up, she changed it legally).

I felt really sorry for Missy, the 3rd part of that misbegotten team. Never liked Salsa or Bill, her husband. If I were Missy I would have had a lot more to say. She was obviously angry and who could blame her!

I honestly don't know how Food Flight ever even qualified for this show. I can't believe for that challenge with that chef judging that they made TOAST! Sure it had some "fancy" topping but it was still toast!

I don't think their food is very good and it's only because the SalsaQueen dropped out that they are still in it. Only $140 in sales. How embarrassing. 

And I see from the previews that Food Flight has a bunch of drama of its own next week!

I really like those guys on ESO. They really know their stuff and seem like really nice people.

I see "Sugar" had toned down his act. Not enough, but some

OK, who wants to chime in? 

Respected Contributor

Re: The Great Food Truck Race 6/19 SPOILER!

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids  Don't like 'Sugar' at all!  Apparently, their food isn't that great either.  What I want to know is why are they now using Tyler's mac & cheese recipe?  Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?  Sugar had mentioned it in this last episode that the new bechemele is Tyler's recipe.  Won't be sorry to see them leave. 

Not sorry to see Salsa gone.  I did feel sorry for Missy.  She got a raw deal.   As far as I'm concerned, the guys from Eso are the best, most professional and put out the best food. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella I think they're using Tyler's recipe because theirs is so bad. None of their food looks good, no matter how much stuff they put in the mac and cheese. I love that ESO team. Their food looks yummy and they aere such nice people.

I'll be glad to see "Sugar" and that whole team leave.

Food Flight has boring food. If they want to stay in the race they'd better get more creative.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids   I guess my point is any of the food vendors should be judged on 'their' recipes when they enter this contest.  Using or taking Tyler's recipes seems very much like a conflict of interest to me.  Was Tyler in agreement with that and if so, why?  If it's acceptable, then any one of the other food vendors could ask Tyler  how they could improve their food and if he would give them a recipe to do just that.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella I see your point. It would be interesting to know *if* there are any rules about that. 

Esteemed Contributor

I thought that the Salsa Queen needed mental health help. I couldn't believe how childish she was about the trade with Senoreata. Very cruel to punish the whole team because of one person's inability to cope. They should have sent her home and continued. Her husband was just as bad. He should have stood up for Missy.

Food Flight must be calling in their performance. How could you only make $140 for 7 hours!!! They need to go.

This year the Great Food Race has been turned into drama unbecoming to the premise of this show. I don't understand why they chose to go in this direction. 

Honored Contributor

I just finished the episode.  Wow.   Glad she is gone but agree that it's a shame for the one lady who is a decent person.

The queen lady I could never stand.  Too bad she took others down with her.  

Respected Contributor

@elated 

I agree. 

This show used to be about good food and beating the competition. Now it's more like the real housewives. So sad.
With Salsa gone, I hope the show goes back to its original format. 

Honored Contributor

So far, this season is a train wreck!  The Salsa Queen team -- that stunt she pulled when Tyler said they had to trade partners with another team --- her husband tried to say that she was worn out and just couldn't take any more.  I feel that she couldn't take someone else getting the attention and being better than her - Senorita --- so she acted like a spoiled child and threw a tantrum and decided to run off and hide!  So professional - not!  And it was really not fair to the other team who had to work for the most of the team with 2 members.  And the other team member on Salsa Queen - I felt bad for her, she seemed like she was really into it.  And as for the sequin team that does mac and cheese, I don't feel they should have even been in this competition at all.  I mean, all they do at least so far, is mac and cheese.  It seems Tyler has given them some extra help.  The show before he told them where to move their truck.  Did he tell any of the other teams?  And this about switching their sauce to his sauce?  How is this fair?  I am not liking what I am seeing so far.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 Yes, Missy from the Salsa Queen team got the shaft, big time. The husband, Bill, is also a big jerk.

I don't like the Senoreata team but at least they were willing to do the trade and not have a hissy fit and leave.

Food Flight is sooo boring -- the people and the food. Who makes toast in a competition? I predict, ha ha, that they leave next week.

This season really is a train wreck. Food Flight and the "mac and cheese' team have no business being in this competition.

I would love for the ESO team to win, love those guys.