Honored Contributor

.Did any of you see it last night ? Beverly wanted to get on QVC, it was really funny.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

One of my local radio talk shows talked about it all morning, it must have been a hoot!

@QVCkitty1

Honored Contributor

I just watched this tonight after DVR-ing it! The reference to QVC was great! DD asked me if that was what QVC looked like back then. IDK, because I didn't start watching until 2006!

I love how they tie the real characters in with the actors who portray them. Tonight was great during the Eagles segment - the REAL JTP mixed in with the actors - just great! It was so much fun seeing the real Barry, the real Naked Rob, and the real Geoff - one of the best ophthamologists in Philadelphia, the real Matt, and the real Andy -- all cute guys! 

DD said they had to do a tribute to the Superbowl since they talk about the Eagles on the show all of the time! 

I remember in the first season when the JTP were at the local hangout and they mentioned Bradley Cooper, also from that area. In an interview he once said he came home to QVC bags by the garage door every day! His mom was a big QVC shopper - maybe she still is!  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

What was the title of the episode please.  I want to watch it on demand if and when I can.  Sounds like must watch TV 

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I love this show and the segments at the end were fantastic with the real JTP and the Real Beverly Goldberg and the Jacket!  

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I saw it.  I love that show!  I've read all about it (the real people, etc).

Actually, the woman who plays Beverly is very outspoken about how much she HATES that wig!  Ha!  She's a stand-up comedian and is very funny in her act.

I like watching it because it brings back memories of when I was raising my daughters.

Respected Contributor

I love this show and since I live in Philly I like the references to local places. I have a questions does anyone know what JTP stands for? Have they ever said?

Trusted Contributor

@DJs momwrote:

I love this show and since I live in Philly I like the references to local places. I have a questions does anyone know what JTP stands for? Have they ever said?

Jenkintown Posse-I'm guessing that's the name of the town that they live in?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

@abbaluluwrote:

@DJs momwrote:

Jenkintown Posse-I'm guessing that's the name of the town that they live in?

Ahh Jenkintown. That makes sense. Thanks @abbalulu it was driving me crazy wondering what JTP stood for.

Esteemed Contributor

The episode that made me laugh the most was when the family took Erica out to Beefsteak Charlies for her birthday and brought her boyfriend along.

I was crying because I was laughing so hard. Truth be known, I was able to relate to some of the things that happened. Not that I'd ever pull those stunts, but I know we would have loved to if we had the nerve.

It really cracked me up Woman LOL

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett