Respected Contributor

I cound not find the previous thread on this show so I am starting a new one.  Is anyone loving this show as much as I am?  It is so magnificently done, to the reality of the times, the arcitecture (sp?), the Russel's mansion and those magnificent gowns! Just breathtaking.  I especially loved that red gown Mrs. Russel wore with the matching cape.  The costume designers are incredible.  Loved how Mr. Russel reacted to that maid.  I can't stand her character and it was wonderful to see how he handled the situation.  Love his character.  It looks like next week Nathan Lane will be joining the cast.  I hope this show continues for a long time.  It is so rare to see such excellent quality TV anymore.  Still miss Downton Abby!

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/Gilded-Age-on-HBO/m-p/7328003#M523018

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

Just finished catching up on the first four episodes. Wonderful show! 
I wish Mr. Russell would have tossed that maid out on the sTreet.

Contributor

Many of the scenes were filmed in Troy, NY.  Every Christmas season they have a Victorian Stroll where people dress in period clothing, caroling, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I are really enjoying this show ( already renewed for Season 2).  Although many of the names have been changed, the characters mirror real people.  Also read that this was a very expensive set to recreate.

Honored Contributor

Hope it comes out on DVD.

Honored Contributor

It started already?  What network???  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals,

I just discovered this series this morning and just now see your post and yes I am loving it!

So glad I found it and also surprised that I'd not heard anything about it but maybe because it is on HBO.

It is so much fun to watch visually yes but also the actors are all so good.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

It started already?  What network???  

It is on HBO.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

DH and I are really enjoying this show ( already renewed for Season 2).  Although many of the names have been changed, the characters mirror real people.  Also read that this was a very expensive set to recreate.

patbz -  This is great news!!