Respected Contributor

Re: @Re: The Crown...my new sleeping pill

@agb80   I didn't leave out anything. Those weren't my words, they were from an article that points out how inaccurate certain scenes/dialogue are in the show. 

We have no way of knowing if this scene actually occured in real life and if it did, we have no way of knowing what was actually said.

According to the series, when Diana states that if Charles can't give her the love she feels she deserves, then she has no option other than to 'break away'. Philip's exact words to that were, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." When Diana asks, "Why not?", Philip responds with,"Let's just say I can't see it ending well for you."  His words may or may not be construed as a veiled threat depending on your own perspective, but I can't imagine anyone hearing his words and not harkening back to Diana's tragic death years later.

Trusted Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@agb80   I didn't leave out anything. Those weren't my words, they were from an article that points out how inaccurate certain scenes/dialogue are in the show. 

We have no way of knowing if this scene actually occured in real life and if it did, we have no way of knowing what was actually said.

According to the series, when Diana states that if Charles can't give her the love she feels she deserves, then she has no option other than to 'break away'. Philip's exact words to that were, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." When Diana asks, "Why not?", Philip responds with,"Let's just say I can't see it ending well for you."  His words may or may not be construed as a veiled threat depending on your own perspective, but I can't imagine anyone hearing his words and not harkening back to Diana's tragic death years later.

@lmtsorry but you're just repeating yourself.  In context of the episode in question you extracted a couple sentences that without the rest of the dialogue is deceptive and inaccurate in your assumptions.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

<<He was in no way threatening her and it was in no way referencing Diana's death 7 years later.>>

@agb80   Sorry, but I wasn't repeating myself. I was responding to a specific sentence in your post.

Trusted Contributor

@lmtI never believed that Prince Philip had anything to do with the death of Diana that  he could somehow have devised a plan to have a drunk chauffeur driver purposely drive at dangerous speeds through a dangerous tunnel while being chased by paparazzi.  Yes, it was all a carefully thought out devious plan carried out to the letter by Prince Philip....no I don't believe a word of that.  During the time when Prince Charles refused to try any longer to make their marriage work they had young children so a divorce would have been complicated since Diana would have wanted at least joint custody but chances are under the circumstances by producing an heir and a spare to the throne, the Crown would have had custody. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Crown...my new sleeping pill

I managed to get through the first season and never figured out what the fuss was about. It is such a yawn, I agree with @chiclet 

Respected Contributor

I am glad that this season is over. It was pretty boring and politically charged. Obviously the show creators are not fond of PM Thatcher who was really a remarkable woman.

I did not even like her portrayal by G.Anderson. She looked very strange.

I also really dislike Olivia Cole as the Queen. She is a very good actress but is not suit for the Queen. There is no elegance, class, intense blue eyes we all know.?

Instead she looks unkept and dingy and much older then her husband.

Same goes for Margaret, very bad casting of HBCarter. Margaret was very attractive and classy.

I really like actors who played Charles and Philip. Both excellent! Diana is good too. 

Overall i think it wS a boring season. Season 3 was the best for me.

Valued Contributor

Meee Toooo!!!! @chiclet -- I LOVE this series.  I love the acting, the scenery, everything about it.  I think it's one of the best series offered by Netflix.  But I swear, I can't stay awake to watch it to save my life!  Either in bed or on the couch -- I start watching and quickly drift off to dreamland. I wake up three or four episodes later!  I don't think I've seen an entire season Smiley Surprised(  

I guess I'm just exhausted.  Thanks for the laugh!!

Honored Contributor

Well, of course the Royal Biographer is going to slam most everything on the Crown is false.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

My question...I was only interested in the Diana/Prince Charles era, so I started watching today from Season 4.  I really wasn't interested in all the Royal history.

Have I truly missed out?

I suppose I didn't see all the Camill PB/Prince Charles beginnings...which I might have been interested in.

The woman playing Diana in S4 is remarkable in her mannerisms! Really nailed her.