Honored Contributor

Re: The Closer - Brenda's Parents

For quite awhile, I've been watching The Closer on START TV.   (Previously called Decades TV on that channel).

Anyway, I can watch re-runs over and over again.

Same as with Frasier.

I can watch re-runs over and over again, and each episode is 'New again'.

It's truly amazing.  Quality writing, cast, acting, and everything/everybody else involved in a genius TV series.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I really loved this show and miss it so much...loved all the different characters and the comedy mixed in with the drama..........often wondered if Kyra Sedgwick regretted leaving that show.............wish they would do a second go around these days of the show....would still love her and the characters.....................

It took me a while to like Major Crimes....it never lived up to

the Closer in my opinion......the worst thing they did was have the character Rusty dominate so much of the show...i def felt that brought the show down....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'Now that I'm thinking about it'..........Anyone here recall the episode when Kyra S. and Kevin Bacon's real life daughter played a prominant role in The Closer ?

It was the episode when there was a  fatal teen shooting, and one boy teen ended up in the hospital, and Kyra's  and Kevin's real daughter played 'Brenda's' niece and spent time with the injured boy teen at the hospital, keeping him company.

Gee, their daughter (Sosie Bacon, I believe) is an excellent actress!

Try to find that episode and watch.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY  go to IMBD  2009 4 episodes Sosie Bacon  played Charlie 

i just caught one episode of it on Starz tv locally. I did not know that was Kyra's daughter ! 

I have watched this series more than once which as another poster stated this is rare for me also. DH and I were avid fans. I binge watched when it was on Amazon prime and now I think a few seasons are back on Prime.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I loved the episodes with Brenda's parents.I enjoyed Willie (mother's name ?) and Provenza's slight flirting Smiley Happy

Loved Major Crimes also. Sharon's constant monotone took a bit of getting used to. Considering her job though it was probably an asset. I loved Mary McDonough (sp?) in Dances with Wolves .

Honored Contributor

OKAY:

Thank you!

Yes, I thought I recalled Sosie Bacon (Kyra and Kevin Bacon's daugter) being in more than one episode, but wasn't quite sure and I didn't want to mislead posters, 'just in case'.

'Also', I recall that Kevin Bacon is (or very soon will be) in a new TV series. 

A channel that I don't have right now, but it's probably worth checking into which channels that others probably already have.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

For quite awhile, I've been watching The Closer on START TV.   (Previously called Decades TV on that channel).

Anyway, I can watch re-runs over and over again.

Same as with Frasier.

I can watch re-runs over and over again, and each episode is 'New again'.

It's truly amazing.  Quality writing, cast, acting, and everything/everybody else involved in a genius TV series.

@ROMARY Hello! I just found that I get START TV and see that today's episodes are perhaps near the end of the series?  I wonder if they will start them over again when these last episodes air, maybe next weekend?

@Serendipity Hi! Do you know if The Closer will repeat? I need to watch these in order, right? Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

You really don't need to see most of the episodes in order. Almost each one has a different plot crime case.

I ran across this series mid-way (as re-runs).

There are a couple/few re: character Stroh, but one can read about the plot/whatever on IMBD or other sites, I would only imagine.

Same with Frasier.

Each episode is 'different', so to speak.

I watch Frasier on another channel, COZI TV, I believe, four episodes each night, back-to-back. 

True genius in acting, cast, plot/theme, etc.

Even 'Eddie' truly is a genius-ly trained dog.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily    Start TV has been in my area long enough for them to have gone through several of the shows two or three times since some of them are shown multiple times seven days a week. When they reach the end, they do restart and run the episodes in order.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique Thank you! I think by next weekend they may start over with The Closer! I can't believe I never watched this show and am looking forward to checking it out. Thanks again for letting me know! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

You are welcome @EdithEllenLily . I hope you enjoy the series as much as I did. The show has a first rate ensemble cast with a lot of diversity. The stories are complex enough so they keep your interest and sometimes present you with an ending you never expected.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.